The Canadian Studies Centres of the Universities of Innsbruck and Vienna are organising the first European Summer School in Canadian Studies (ESSCS), which will take place in Vienna (first week) and in Innsbruck (second week) from 29 June to 10 July 2020.
The ESSCS is intended for Master (BA studies completed) and doctoral students.
The teaching staff are highly renowned specialists from Canada, Germany, and Austria representing the following disciplines: literary (English and French) and cultural studies, indigenous studies, media studies, language policy, history, cultural geography, political science and economics, intersectional and gender studies, mountain studies.
The course fees of EUR 500 include:
- a two weeks lecture program
- an electronic reader
- two reading sessions with a Canadian and a Quebec author
- the train transfer from Vienna to Innsbruck
- three guided city tours (Vienna, Salzburg, and Innsbruck)
- the bus transfer and a two days stay (room and meals included) in the Obergurgl Research Center of the University of Innsbruck at an altitude of 1940°m (cf. https://www.uz-obergurgl.at/english/)
- an excursion
- the farewell dinner
5 ECTS (6 ECTS possible when doing an additional task)
29 February 2020. Please remember that the number of participants is limited.
For further information concerning the program, accommodation, possible scholarships and the teaching concept, please visit the the first usefull link or write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org