Please also refer to our International Student Office (SASS) for detailed and up-to-date information on fees, taxes, and scholarships.
From 2019/20 all students are “self-founding” and there is no EMARO scholarship, neither for the local track not for the double degree program.
At UniGe the annual tuition fees and taxes range from 136€ to 3.000€, depending on the family income. Tuition waivers are offered to students who achieved significant academic merits. The average tuition fees paid by international students enrolled at UniGe is about 350€ per year.
In addition, the probability than an international student obtains accommodation for free from the regional agency ALISEO is very high (after applying and submitting all the requested documents).
How they work
The tution and fees are the sum of the stamp duty, the regional tax and the tution fees.
You have to pay the fees in three installments based on the ISEE-U value and the chosen course of study:
- 1st installment: corresponds to the sum of the stamp duty and the regional tax for the right to study
- 2nd installment: corresponds to the half of all tuition fees
- 3rd installment: corresponds to the balance of tuition fees
Student tuition fees are calculated according to:
The ISEE-U (Indicator Economic Situation Equivalent for Benefits for the Right to University Studies) measures the economic situation of your household. Thanks to this calculation, UniGe applies fee reductions and provides scholarships and other economic benefits.
If you are candidate and plan to achieve the degree by March 31, 2021, we recommend you to sign the DSU within the ordinary deadline (October 31, 2020): in case you do not achieve the degree or continue your studies, after completing the enrollment to the year a.y. 2020/21, you will have the opportunity to self-certify the ISEE-U data by April 20, 2021 without having to pay a penalty.
an international student?
If you are an international student, please read carefully the ISEE-U parificato page for foreign students, to verify the type of income statement to be produced (ISEE-University or ISEE-Parificato).
ISEE-U allows you to have:
- a reduction in the university contribution
- a reduction in the regional tax
- an ALISEO scholarship
- other economic benefits:
- integration of the scholarship for international mobility
- scholarships and study or degree awards from public and private bodies
To benefit from these facilities you must:
- submit the ISEE-U certificate: you can ask for this certification to the CAF or INPS by filling in and signing the complete Single Integral Substitute Declaration (DSU) by October 31, 2020
- Fill in the self-certify online by April 20, 2021
To learn more, please read the dedicated page.
Please, read the dedicated page to know which contributory group you belong to.
In order to calculate the tuition fees, the degree courses have been divided into two different classes:
- Class 1 – Degree courses belonging to the Humanistic and Social Sciences area
- Class 2 - Degree courses belonging to the Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and to the Polytechnic area
The degree courses are divided into different areas according to the class to which they belong (Class 1 or 2). Please read i raggruppamenti dei corsi di studio per classi e aree disciplinari to find out the correspondence between the class that identifies your degree course and the area it belongs to.
You can choose:
provides a plan of study with teachings in excess of 30 CFU per year
you can benefit partial or total exemptions from tuition fees as well as from merit-based fees reductions. To learn more, please read the dedicated page
1st contributory class2nd contributory class
Contributing groupsContributing groups
Group 1Group 2Group 3Group 1Group 2Group 3
from 0€ to 13.000€0€200€450€0€200€450€
from 13.000€ to 24.000€0€from 200€ to 940€from 450€ to 940€0€from 200€ to 1.020€ftom 450€ to 1.020€
from 24.000€ to 30.000from 0€ to 940€from 200€ to 940€from 450€ to 940€from 0€ to 1.020€from 200€ to 1.020€from 450€ to 1.020€
from 30.000€ to 65.000€from 940€ to 2.400€from 1.020€ to 2.650€
from 65.000€ to 100.000€ from 2.400€ to 2.750€from 2.650€ to 3.000€
Over 100.000€ or in the absence of ISEE-U2.750€3.000€
Tuition fees – scholarships – mobility abroad
The UniGe annual tuition fees and taxes range from 136€ to 3.000€, depending on the family income. Tuition waivers are offered to students who achieved significant academic merits. The average tuition fees paid by international students enrolled at UniGe is about 350€ per year. In addition, the probability than an international student obtains accommodation for free from the regional agency ALISEO is very high (after applying and submitting all the requested documents). For further information regarding scholarship please refer to our International Student Office - SASS.
You can participate at the “Invest Your Talent in Italy” Program and you can have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship (€ 900,00 per 9 month) with tuition fees exemption. Eligibility requirements to apply are: to be Citizen of one of the 15 Countries listed in the Call; to have been born ON or AFTER January 1st, 1994 , except for the only renewal scholarships; to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to enroll in the chosen Master’s degree Program; to have at least a B2-level of English.
For more information about IYT Program visit investyourtalentapplication.esteri.it For the academic year 2020-2021 the deadline has been February 2020
Yes. Every year there is an Erasmus+ call for study and traineeship in EU-Countries, with Erasmus+ scholarship.
For the academic year 2020/21 the application deadline has been 5th March. For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, subject to all the constraints of the program. The workflow is as follows:
- Discuss with potential University of Genova supervisors about their offers of thesis topics that may be jointly held with universities or research centers outside Europe
- Express your willingness to select that topic, and to take advantage of the scholarship program
- The program board approves all the thesis selections
- If you get selected for the scholarship, you can carry out part of the work abroad.
Yes, subject to all the constraints of the program. The workflow is as follows:
- Discuss with your thesis supervisor in order to agree on a project together with your training tutor of the host Institution/Company.
- Get in contact with the EMARO/RobEng local manager in order to get the required documentation ready. You can find the documents (Training Agreement and Training Project) on this OneDrive Link
- Once the documents are duly filled in and signed by you and the company, the UniGe Traineeship Office will send you the final documents, signed from the Dean of the Polytechnic School
- You have to take care of the application for Visa or Residence permit in the Host Country.
- Prima rata: mercoledì 30 settembre 2020
- Seconda rata: mercoledì 2 dicembre 2020
- Terza rata: martedì 31 agosto 2021
- Presentazione autocertificazione online dei dati ISEE-U: martedì 20 aprile 2021
Per saperne di più
SI AVVISANO GLI UTENTI CHE, a causa del sistema di deviazione delle telefonate, il numero chiamato risulta libero anche mentre l'operatore è impegnato nell'assistenza telefonica ad altri utenti.
Si invita a richiamare dopo qualche minuto o, in alternativa, inviare una email all'indirizzo di posta elettronica sotto riportato.
Per saperne di più, leggi attentamente il Regolamento contribuzione studentesca e benefici universitari.
Per maggiori informazioni puoi contattare il:
Si comunica che il Settore Contribuzione Studentesca e Benefici è contattabile tramite le seguenti
modalità, nei giorni e orari indicati:
LUNEDÌ e VENERDÌ
dalle h 9:00 alle 12:00, telefonando al numero di CALL CENTER: 010 2095947;
dalle h 9:00 alle 13:00, in presenza, recandosi presso lo sportello di Piazza della Nunziata 6
– 1° piano, previa prenotazione di appuntamento;
dalle h 9:00 alle 12:00 tramite sportello virtuale, previa prenotazione di un appuntamento
telefonico. Lo studente sarà contattato nella fascia oraria di prenotazione dal personale tramite
piattaforma Teams o telefono;
dalle h 9:30 alle 11:30, in presenza, recandosi presso lo sportello di Piazza della Nunziata 6 –
1° piano, previa prenotazione di appuntamento.
Gli studenti che si recano allo Sportello dovranno essere muniti di conferma della prenotazione
Al fine di garantire un adeguato distanziamento sociale, si raccomanda, per quanto possibile, la
presenza allo Sportello, nell’orario indicato, della sola persona interessata.
Nel caso in cui la persona che si presenta allo Sportello sia diversa dall’interessato, si ricorda che è
necessario essere muniti di delega e copia del documento di identità dello studente delegante e del
Si fa presente, infine, che il servizio di riscontro-mail tramite il sistema di posta elettronica OTRSOpen-source Ticket Request (email@example.com) continuerà a essere svolto dagli Uffici tutti i
giorni della settimana nel corso dell’orario di servizio