|CREDITS||7 credits during the 2nd year of 8767 Medical-Pharmaceutical Biotechnology (LM-9) GENOVA|
|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||BIO/10|
|TEACHING LOCATION||GENOVA (Medical-Pharmaceutical Biotechnology)|
The course of Diagnostic Biotechnology and Nanotechnology will offer an overview of the techniques and biotechnologies applied to diagnostics, from the most classic and consolidated to those most innovative and recently developed, also with nanotechnological approaches.
-To know the structure and the functioning of of medical diagnostic laboratoris.
- To learn the methodologies derived from basic biotechnologies and from innovative biotechnologies/nanotechnologies/nanoscopy that may be exploited in medical diagnostics.
-To learn the phases of the diagnostic pathway (pre-analytical phase, analytical phase and post analytical phase) and the degree of reliability of the obtained analytical results.
-To know the main analyses of clinical biochemestry exploited in medical diagnostics and their interpretation to verify metabolism and function of different organs.
-To know the most recent diagnostic applications of genomic biotechnologies, of cytofluorimetry, of nanoparticles for innovative nanosensors.
-To learn principles of micro/nanoscopy (super-resolution) and their potential applications in molecular oncology and in neurodegenerative diseases.
Frontal lessons and laboratory.
- Management systems of biotech industry and their use in medical diagnostics laboratories.
- The pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical phase, in diagnostics. The analytical method: accuracy, precision, specificity, sensitivity; internal quality control and external quality assessment. controllo di qualità interno ed esterno. Reference values and range in reports.
- Main laboratory test in clinical biochemistry (including the used technology):
- innovative diagnostic applications of cytofluorimetry.
- Diagnostic application of genomic technologies:
1.Applicazioni diagnostiche della genomica: microarrays for molecular classifiers, study of polymorphism and karyotype aberrations;
2.next generation sequencing, from the definition of disease landscapes to mutation diagnostics;
3. innovative methods of non-invasive molecular analysis (circulating DNA and circulating tumor cells).
- Microscopy/nanoscopy for viasualization and analysis of biological systems at cellular and molecular levels in 2D and 3D: potential diagnostic applications in molecular oncology and neurodegenerative diseases.
-Experience in the Analysis Laboratories (San Martino Hospital)
-Experience in a lab at IIT for preparation of nanoparticles for diagnostics use
-Experience of micro/nanoscopy
Handouts provided by the Professors
SANTINA BRUZZONE (President)
Frontal lessons and laboratory.
October 1, 2017
ral Exam and Written Exam (Multiple Answer Quiz)
Verification the knowledge about the program
Verification the skills that prove the achievement of the aims
|17/01/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|
|31/01/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|
|14/02/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|
|28/02/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|
|20/06/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|
|04/07/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|
|12/09/2018||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||c/o Auletta 1° piano Sezione Biochimica DIMES|