|CREDITS||2 credits during the 2nd year of 9279 NURSING AND OBSTETRICS (LM/SNT1) GENOVA|
|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/42|
|TEACHING LOCATION||GENOVA (NURSING AND OBSTETRICS)|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
Epidemiology is the science that aims to analyze the illnesses in the populations, with particular respect to the study of the conditions and their determinants.
The course aims to provide the cognitive, methodological and behavioral tools, that allow to:
- Describe the health status of the population and to measure the frequency of health events;
- Proceed from the formulation of hypothesis to the evaluation of associations and causality through the descriptive, analytical and experimental epidemiological studies;
- Integrate some of the competences already acquired in the preceding progress with competences to read these problems from the point of view of the population in complex.
- Measuring the health events;
- Describing the health status of the population through the descriptive epidemiological studies;
- Assessing the associations in epidemiology using the cohort and case-control studies;
- Knowing the experimental epidemiological studies;
- The evaluation of the risks, the needs and the effectiveness in Public Health;
- Systematic reviews, meta-analysis and guidelines in medicine;
- Epidemiological surveillance.
Epidemiologia di base (http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43541/6/887266031_ita.pdf)
Office hours: Students will be received by telephone appointment.
GIANLUCA CATANIA (President)
ANTONIETTA MARIA MARTELLI
ANNAMARIA BAGNASCO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
The lessons will start in the second semester.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The examination test is formed by multiple-choice question and exercises.
|05/07/2018||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale||L'esame orale si svolgerà presso l'aula B del Dipartimento di scienze della salute (Dissal) l'esame scritto si svolgerà in data 25 giugno 2018 alle ore 9.00 presso l'aula A del Dipartimento di scienze della salute (Dissal)|