|CREDITS||2 credits during the 5th year of 8746 School of Dental Medicine (LM-46) GENOVA|
|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/28|
|TEACHING LOCATION||GENOVA (School of Dental Medicine)|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
Implant prosthodontic deals with the replacement of compromised or missing teeth with dental implants and mobile/fixed prostheses.
Acquisition of the theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make a diagnosis in “implant” patients and in order to design and realize a correct implant supported prosthesis.
At the end of the course the student must:
- be able to diagnose and realize a proper treatment plan including fixed or mobile
prostheses implant supported
- be able to clinically identify indications and contraindications to the
rehabilitation with the various types of fixed prostheses
- know in detail the various types of dental implants and implant connections
- be able to apply the knowledge acquired in order to decide the type of dental implants and the type of restorative materials best suited to realize a fixed/mobile prosthesis in a specific clinical situation
- have acquired a proper terminology in order to be able to identify the various
types of implant supported prostheses and their components and in order to describe the procedures
required to realize a fixed prosthesis with a suitable language module
Columbus Bridge Protocol of Pera Bevilacqua Tealdo
Implantologia of Capelli and Testori
PAOLO PERA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The interview will evaluate the capacity to formulate a proper diagnosis and treatment plan using a suitable terminology.
The evaluation will also include punctuality, personal behaviour, communication skills, decency and professionalism in the relationship with the patient, with the clinical tutors and with the dental equips of the different clinical divisions.