|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||M-GGR/01|
The course is divided into 3 modules:
- the first concerns the sources, methodologies and tools for the study of the region in chrono-spatial terms
- the third module, supplemented by educational outputs, concerns the comparative chrono-spatial reading of two nearby regional cases: Liguria and Pavese.
The teaching, carried out through frontal and interactive lessons, seminars and excursions for the direct observation of phenomena on the ground, intends to pursue the following objectives:
- knowledge of the conceptual bases (methods, sources and tools) in the analysis of phenomena at the various regional scales;
- knowledge of the construction process of some territories throughout history;
- analysis and direct interpretation of geographic places of greatest historical and cultural interest.
- Know and know how to use the sources, methodologies and tools useful for the study of the region, considered with particular regard to the analysis of territorial transformation processes over time.
- Know and be able to interpret critically the case studies analyzed in the second in the third module, always with regard to the sources, methodologies and tools used.
- Know and know how to use the sources, methodologies and tools useful for the study of the region through a methodology based on a systemic approach, but also oriented on the semiotic and geo-philosophical meaning of places.
Knowledge of the vocabulary acquired in the secondary school and in the institutional geography courses carried out in the three-year degree courses and especially in the teaching of Theory and methods of geography
Frontal lessons attended (I-II module)
Participated frontal lessons, supplemented by lessons on the ground (module III).
- the first module takes up and deepens the analysis of the sources, methodologies and tools useful for the study of the region, also considering the phenomena of regionalism and regionalization, with particular regard to the regionalization processes that took place in the Roman, Carolingian world and in the territory Italian from the Risorgimento period to today;
- the second module (From the San Lorenzo river region to Québec and the Canadian macro-region) is of a monographic nature and is dedicated to a case study, considered in its multi-scalar expansion process, which occurred in subsequent historical periods, analyzed through moments of indirect observation based on bibliographic, statistical, cartographic, literary and iconic sources;
- the third module (Two territorial systems in comparison: Liguria and Pavese) is also of a monographic nature and always concerns the chrono-spatial reading of these two neighboring regional cases, in their diversity, affinity, analyzed not only through moments of indirect observation on the basis of bibliographic, statistical, cartographic, literary and iconic sources, but also through educational outputs aimed at direct observation of the symbolic places and landscapes that contribute to their regional identity
Bibliographical references will be indicated during the modules.
GIUSEPPE ROCCA (President)
ALESSANDRO CARASSALE (Substitute)
Tuesday 23 February 2021
For each module, the assessment of the degree of profit achieved is made by proposing a topic, then linking it to others of the same module
In official appeals, the exam takes place in oral form.