|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-IND/34|
|LANGUAGE||Italian (English on demand)|
The course aims to provide knowledge on the fundamental and technological aspects related to tissue engineering, with particular reference to cell biology, stem cells, biocompatibility, biotechnological approach and gene therapy, regenerative medicine.
The teaching is intended to provide theoretical and practical tools for understanding and solving problems in the field of tissue engineering. The main aim is underline the importance of understanding biological phenomena at the molecular, cellular and tissue level in order to develop therapeutic strategies that can overcome the limits of conventional therapies. The applicative examples, that will be proposed, will thus have the purpose of stimulating and developing the student's abilities in applying theoretical knowledge to the field of tissue engineering.
Combination of traditional lectures (40 hours) and laboratory (8 hours).
• Chemical Bioengineering: biomolecules, structure-function relationship, biomolecules in bioengineering applications.
• Fundamentals of biotechnology: recombinant DNA and genetic techniques.
• Fundamentals of cytology: structure and function of the eukaryotic cell, the extracellular matrix, cell adhesion mechanisms.
• Maintenance and expansion of in vitro cell cultures. Primary cells, immortalized cells and stem cells.
• Definition of biological tissue and of its organization.
• Biomaterials for regenerative medicine: hydrogels.
• Techniques for the evaluation of biocompatibility: in vitro, in vivo and clinical trials. Methodologies for the modification of the surface properties of biomaterials. Bioreactors.
• Micro and nano systems for the controlled release of drugs and biomolecules.
Teaching material available on Aulaweb.
Office hours: Appointments by e-mail.
LAURA PASTORINO (President)
DONATELLA DI LISA
MAURO GIACOMINI (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
At the end of the teaching the student must demonstrate to:
|15/01/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|28/01/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|16/02/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|15/06/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|02/07/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|22/07/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|14/09/2021||09:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|