|MODULES||This unit is composed by:|
The course provides for the development of specific clinical skills of the pediatrician in particular regarding the health of people in developmental age, whose growth and global development they evaluate, with the aim of optimizing their quality of life in adulthood. Learning of the main courses is expected during the course pediatric diseases.
ARTICULATED EDUCATION IN MODULES
General and Specialized Pediatrics
Pediatric Surgery-ric and Infantile
The course aims to provide students with the notions to acquire all the problems relating to the state of health of the main pathologies in the neonatal age, in childhood and adolescence.
The teaching aims to provide students the notions of acquiring knowledge, under the aspect medical history, preventive, diagnostic and rehabilitative, health issues e of the main diseases in the neonatal age, in childhood and adolescence. The ability to identify the conditions that need the device-to the professional of the specialist, to plan the essential medical interventions against the main ones health problems, by frequency and by risk, inherent specialist pediatric pathology.
The teaching is divided into 16 meetings which include (1,184 hours)
- character teaching: 64 hours of classroom lessons in contact with the teacher, the teaching is divided into all the topics of the program:
- Neonatal diseases: intrauterine factors, jaundices, newborn feeding principles, newborn care, etc.
-Pediatric diseases: neonatal screening, congenital errors of metabolism, vomiting, diarrhea, asthma, etc.
- Infectious diseases: vaccinations, infections, viruses, etc.
- Infectious diseases: vaccinations, infections, viruses, etc. - Endocrinological and diabetic pathologies: growth problems, early puberty, obesity, thyroid, hypocalcaemia, various forms of diabetes, etc. - Genetic diseases: Mendelian genetics, DNA, identification of causative genetic variants, etc. -Neurological diseases: psychomotor development, childhood epilepsies, peripheral hypotonia, hyposthenia, etc. -Surgical diseases: digestive malformations neonatals, abdominal masses, pediatric tumors, etc. -Neuropsychiatric diseases: autism, intellectual disability, sleep disturbances, convulsions, etc. -Nephrological diseases: acute glomerulonephritis, urinary tract infections, renal tubulopathies, etc. In addition, topics on: radiology, all drug therapies, pain medicine and palliative care.
Seminar teaching: during the 16 meetings, three seminars will be held in the afternoon, in contemporary, two hours each, divided into the main courses, for a total of 96 hours.
-professional teaching: lessons formulated in small groups of students, carried out in contact with the patient, in university departments in agreement with the G. Gaslini Institute for a total of 1,024 hours of lessons.
It will be possible to take lessons electronically at the request of the students.
GENERAL AND SPECIALIZED PEDIATRICS - MED / 38 - 7 credits Acquire elements to identify clinical problems through: anamnesis and physical examination-
PEDIATRIC AND CHILD SURGERY - MED / 20 - 1 CFU Acquire knowledge on the main pediatric emergencies, diagnosing the clinical forms of acute abdomen that characterize the various ages of life, starting from the neonatal one.-
MEDICAL GENETICS - MED / 20 - 1 CFU Presentation of basic concepts of Mendelian genetics and its application in the pediatric field
CHILD NEUROPSYCHIATRY- MED / 39 - 1 CFU Acquire and understand the diseases that affect you cognitive, relational and emotional development.
- Pediatrics of Nelson (in Italian), year 2019
- Essential pediatrics. Treatise on clinic and therapy. di Burgio et al. year 2015
-Pediatric neurology - second edition 2017
- Slides of the lessons prepared in the classroom and reported in the classroom Web - Pediatrics course
Office hours: The students can easily obtain a meeting with private talk, they have to contact the teacher at the end of the lesson in order to organize the meeting. Prof. Giuseppe Martucciello in charge of the Pediatric Surgery Course for the School of Medicine and Surgery can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Office hours: Please, make an appointment by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 010-56362802. Address: UOC Genetica Medica, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, via Gaslini 5 Genova
Office hours: For appointment please write to: email@example.com or telephone 010-56363816
PASQUALE STRIANO (President)
MARIA CRISTINA SCHIAFFINO
VINCENZO SALPIETRO DAMIANO
LUCA ANTONIO RAMENGHI
MARIA MARGHERITA MANCARDI
NATASCIA DI IORGI
ELISA DE GRANDIS
CLARA MALATTIA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
2021 – II HALF (march – june 2021)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The Pediatrics exam consists of an oral test. Students who have attended are admitted, at least 75% of the lesson hours during the academic year.
The learning verification takes place only through the final (oral) exam which aims to ascertain the actual acquisition by the student of the results of expected learning.
To pass the exam, the student must report a grade not less than 18/30, must demonstrate:
-Know the topics covered during the lessons
- Be able to have an adequate level of knowledge of the subjects covered during the course
- Acquisition of the ability to analyze the pediatric problems that will be posed during the examination.
The following final marks are expressed in thirtieths:
- Ability to deal transversely and critically of the topics requested;
- Correctness, clarity, synthesis and fluidity of exhibition;
- Mastery of the subject;
- Adoption of appropriate terminology
The mark of 30/30, with possible honors, will be awarded when the knowledge / skills of the subject are excellent.
Aulaweb - Pediatrics course
Course coordinator: Prof. Mohamad Maghnie:
The Coordinator and the Teachers of the Course are available
to THEIR email addresses published on the UNIGE website, both for the method of receipt, and for any information