|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/42|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
Science that aims to analyze the illnesses in the populations, with particular respect to the study of the conditions and their determinants.
The course has the following objectives:
- providing knowledges to the basic epidemiology concepts;
- providing knowledges to apply the main measures used in epidemiology (frequency and association measures);
- providing knowledges to the basic concepts of demography and to know the technical of standardization;
- providing knowledges to know and to plan the main types of epidemiological studies (descriptive, cross-sectional, case-control, cohort studies);
- providing knowledges to the methodology of clinical trials;
-providing knowledges to the concepts and model of epidemiology monitoring with attention to the syndromic surveillance system;
- providing knowledges to understand the epidemiology relevance for health planning and to develop the critical abilities to evaluate the results of clinical and epidemiological studies.
The course is developed through distance learning mode (FAD mode).
- Introduction to the epidemiology: definition, methodology of the prevention and objectives;
- Principal measures used in epidemiology: frequencies or absolute values, relationships, proportions, rates and measures of the risk;
- Prevalence, density and cumulative incidence;
- Comparing the frequency of an event in two populations: direct and indirect standardization;
- The epidemiological method: the principal types of epidemiological studies (descriptive, transversal, case control, cohort and experimental studies);
- Introduction to the meta-analysis;
- The models of epidemiological surveillance with attention to the syndromic surveillance.
- Lopalco PL, Tozzi AE "Epidemiologia facile Il pensiero scientifico"
- Jekel JF, Katz DL, Elmore JG "Epidemiologia, biostatistica e medicina preventiva" EdiSES
ANNAMARIA BAGNASCO (President)
ANTONIETTA MARIA MARTELLI
GIANLUCA CATANIA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
The lessons will start in the first semester.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The examination test is formed by multiple-choice question and exercises.
|01/04/2022||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto||La parte orale del I appello si svolgerà mercoledì 6 aprile in aula A del dipartimento DISSAL|
|14/04/2022||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale||La parte orale si terrà mercoledì 20 aprile a partire dalle ore 09,00 in aula A del DISSAL|
|09/05/2022||12:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale||La parte orale si terrà mercoledì 11 maggio a partire dalle ore 11,00 nel dipartimento DISSAL|