|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||M-GGR/01|
|MODULES||This unit is composed by:|
Geographical education provides the skills to understand the relationship between the world and the people who inhabit it. Geographical education is based on territory, understood as a relational space within which communities develop their life projects, plays a central role. The local, landscape and environmental configurations of the territory are therefore at the core of the teaching, which aims to provide tools to build effective educational paths towards the formation of aware and responsible citizens.
The main purpose is to make the student understand that geography is:
- the discipline that studies the relationships between man and the environment and their evolution over time,
- it is not merely descriptive, but explanatory and interpretative,
- is critical knowledge of reality and study of territorial problems and possible solutions.
Please refer to the details of the two parts: Geography of Italy and Europe and Geography Education
Specific prerequisites are not previewed. However, a general, localising and descriptive knowledge of the main regions of the planet is presumed. To fill any gaps, it is recommended to consult a recent edition of a geographic atlas (published for example by Touring Club Italiano, De Agostini or Zanichelli).
Office hours: Student reception is held, by appointment, on the Teams platform on Tuesdays from 2:30 to 5:30 pm.
Office hours: The students reception will be held in the lectures days, according to the schedule which will be notified before the start of the workshop.
GIACOMO ZANOLIN (President)
FEDERICO DE BONI (President Substitute)
The exam takes place in oral form, through an interview conducted also through the commentary and critical analysis of images, graphs, tables, maps, videos and didactic cards deepened in class or present on the materials provided and on the texts in the program.
For details refer to the Geography of Italy and Europe and Geography Education modules.
The oral interview will focus on the theoretical parts, the main concepts and themes of geography, and the parts of the teaching subject illustrated and discussed during the teaching.
They will be evaluated:
- the quality of the interview and the correct use of the specialized vocabulary;
- the ability to illustrate theoretical references, contents, approaches and didactic tools;
- the capacity for independent reflection and reasoning on the in-depth studies presented and discussed during the lessons;
- the ability to identify links between the contents of the general part and the didactic part;
- the ability to hypothesize interdisciplinary connections.
Please refer to the detailed indications of the two modules.