|CREDITS||4 credits during the 2nd year of 9322 TEACHER EDUCATION (LM-85 bis) GENOVA|
|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MAT/04|
|TEACHING LOCATION||GENOVA (TEACHER EDUCATION)|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The course aims to provide students with the basics of Mathematics with some references to related educational items, essential requirements for facing teaching in primary school and kindergarten.
1. Acquiring basic mathematics knowledge for teaching in kindergarten and primary school 2. Acquiring didactic knowledge and competences in mathematics education. 3. Acquiring competences in developing practical activities and critical reflections in mathematics education, as well as in carrying out evaluation strategies.
The teaching aims to consolidate and acquire basic mathematical knowledge and skills concerning some of the nuclei of the National Indications (MIUR, 2012) for primary and kindergarten. The central theme will be "numbers" with attention to exploring, conjecturing and arguing. In particular, attention will be paid to:
Sense of the number
Genesis of the number
Development of counting and calculation skills
Natural numbers and their representation in the decimal-positional system, decimal numbers
Natural numbers and properties of arithmetic operations
Attendance and active participation in the proposed training activities (lectures and laboratory activities) and individual study will allow the student to:
- know the theoretical foundations and the languages of mathematics.
- know disciplinary teaching approaches related to kindergarten and primary school mathematics, with attention to interdisciplinary links.
Furthermore, at the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Designing mathematical lteaching and earning paths.
- Reading dissemination and research articles in mathematics education, demonstrating that they are able to grasp, evaluate and use the results of empirical studies in order to build knowledge and improve teaching interventions.
- Working in groups for the planning, organization and assessment of didactic interventions related to mathematics.
- Using the main representative methods typical of mathematics (different number scripts, algebraic register, graph, tables) and beeing able to express a mathematical argument in a clear and complete manner.
- Knowing how to recognize mathematical and didactic models faced in teaching in new contexts and knowing how to apply them appropriately.
Lessons will be held face to face or online in accordance with the University regulations the health emergency. The recordings of the lessons will be available on streaming.
In particular, the teaching is divided into lectures and discussions with students.
Students will be provided, on the teams or Aulaweb platform, with study materials (slides, articles, videos ...) which will be discussed / verified during the lessons.
There are also moments of work in small groups and subsequent discussion: students will be divided into working groups (in the classroom or on the Teams platform) and they will be asked to collaborate in the solution of tasks (reflection, production ...). The productions of the groups will be presented and discussed collectively during the plenary lessons (in person or online) with the possibility of revisions and relaunches
- The productions of the groups will be presented and discussed collectively during online lessons with the possibility of revisions and relaunches
The course aims to address mathematical aspects of fundamentals cognitive and didactic problems relating to the nucleus Numbers: concept of number and its various senses; number system in decimal and other bases; counting and calculation process; natural numbers: operations, meanings and properties; number line; prime numbers, integers.
It also aims to present basic theoretical elements from research in mathematics education: body, tools and mathematical symbols; the mathematics laboratory; cognitive and didactic and affective aspects in the teaching-learning of mathematics.
Finally, the course aims to present examples of didactic activities related to the topics covered.
Slides and notes prepared by the teacher (uploaded in the AulaWeb space during the course).
Sabena, Martignone, Ferri, Robotti, (2019). Insegnare e apprendere matematica nella scuola dell'infanzia e primaria. Modandori Università
Bartolini Bussi (2008). Matematica. I numeri e lo spazio. Juvenilia.
Donaldson, M. (2009). Come ragionano i bambini. Springer Verlag.
Zan, R. (2007). Difficoltà in matematica. Osservare, interpretare, intervenire. Springer Verlag.
U.M.I. Matematica 2001- Materiali per un muovo curricolo di matematica con suggerimenti per attività e prove di verifica: http://umi.dm.unibo.it/old/italiano/Matematica2001/matematica2001.html
INDIRE - Risorse per docenti dai progetti nazionali: Il progetto M@t.abel: http://www.scuolavalore.indire.it/?s=search&keyword=&taxo[name]=ordine_di_scuole&taxo[term]=primaria&taxo[name]=discipline&taxo[term]=matematica
ELISABETTA ROBOTTI (President)
BARBARA MALLARINO (President Substitute)
I semester starts at 21 September 2020.
Mathematics lessons start, September 22, 2020 at 8 AM .
The exam will be an individual written 2-hours assessment. It will take place in attendance or online according to the University regulations due to the pandemic .