|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SECS-P/07|
Corporate groups are a widespread phenomenon in the current economy, from large listed groups to small family businesses. It is necessary for a student to understand the reasons of the diffusion of groups of companies and to interprete their business and financial conditions, considering the legal framework, with a particular reference to the preparation and interpretation of consolidated financial statements.
The course aims at developing the capabilities to identify the reasons for the creation of corporate groups, their probelms in terms of corporate governance, and their legal and accounting regulation, with a particular attention paid to their consolidated financial statements. At the end of the course the student will be able to prepare, read, and intepret a consolidated financial statement according to the national Italian GAAP. During the course, the student will also understand the reasons of the creation of a business group, and the protections existing for minorities.
It is necessary to have a good knowlegde of Financial Accounting and Commercial Law.
Frontal lessons, class discussions, case analyses, individual tasks.
- Corporate groups in the dynamic of business relationships: reasons, pros and cons
- The concept of control
- Majorities and minorities: from cooperation to conflict
- The consolidated financial statements: accounting regulation
- Consolidation of subsidiaries: requirements and procedures
- The inclusion of associates and joint ventures into the consolidated financial statement
- Increases and decreases of interests in subsidiaries without change of control
- Accounting impact of changes in the composition of corporate groups
- Analysis of a consolidated financial statement
- Documents and other materials provided by the teacher and available on the website.
- Consolidated Financial Statements: An International Perspective, Mfandaidza Reuben Hove, Juta and Company Ltd, 2006
Office hours: Dipartimento di Economia - II livello - studio 2005 Telefono: (+39) 010209 - 5085 Email: email@example.com Time: During the course: Wednesday, 3.00 PM. Since the end of the course: please send to me an email to take appointment.
ALBERTO QUAGLI (President)
The course will start according to the general teaching programme issued by the Department of Economics.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The final exam is composed of a written assessment (regarding both theory and cases), and an oral part which starts from a brief analysis prepared by the student on a real example of consolidated financial statement of an European company.
Students have to demonstrate a good understanding of the drivers for the group creation, the problems posed to corporate governance mechanisms, and the legal and accounting regulation of these groups. In particular, the students of the course have to be able to debate the specifities of a consolidated financial statements and to know how to build this company report.
|11/05/2022||16:00||GENOVA||Scritto||appello straordinario riservato esclusivamente ai laureandi a.a. 2020/21|