You can take the exam for this unit if you passed the following exam(s):
|MODULES||This unit is composed by:|
Landscape design requires a multidisciplinary ability for reading and understanding the project site. The Studio proposes a design path that expresses cultural contents starting from the interpretation of the context at different dimensional levels and in coherence with the transformations that characterized it and with the inhabitants’ needs.
The Studio consists of the modules: Environmental technology (Prof. Caterina Mele), Choice of plant species for the Landscape (Prof. Marco Devecchi), Open Spaces Design and Landscape Design (Prof. Adriana Ghersi).
Attendance of the Studio of the first semester.
ADRIANA GHERSI (President)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Presentation of the project documents:
1) Framing and interpretation of the context (selection of the elements of analysis)
2) Presentation of the general masterplan and the project area (story and concept) starting from the characteristics of the context (with the contents explained through ideograms, schematic functions / full and empty / paths / etc ..., strategic photos of the model)
3) Cultural references (citation of contemporary reference projects)
4) General plan (s) and sections at the appropriate scales (scale 1: 500/1: 200)
5) Explanation of the choice of plant species (+ tables, details, 4-season schemes, to be agreed with Prof. Devecchi)
6) Technical table with at least one in-depth technological aspect (to be agreed with Prof.ssa Mele).
7a, 7b, 7c, 7d, ...) Individual insights into themes and / or significant parts of the project on a closer scale
8) Volumetric plan (with possible renderings, bird's eye views, perspectives or axonometries)
Book on plant species with schematic metric calculation relating to the used plants.
The presented projects will be evaluated taking into account the completeness of the work, but above all the consistency with the initial analyzes and evaluations, the quality of the project contents, as well as the graphic care of the presentation.