|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-INF/03|
The lectures are aimed at providing basic elements for the design and development of multimedia applications through the use of embedded systems and sensors. The reference platform for the course is the smartphone that will be used for the exercises and for the final project.
The course will aim to gain experience through the implementation of some components of a multimedia system with particular reference to those for mobile networks such as modern smartphones or those related to so-called "Internet of Things": the Apps. The issues addressed will cover the representation, processing and retrieval of multimedia data such as sound, music, graphics, images and video, but also localization or information from sensors such as the accelerometer, compass and so on. In order to achieve the modern Apps. At the same time, it will be presented the main architectural features of modern telecommunications networks in their progress towards the Internet of the future: integration between fixed and mobile networks, separation of data transport and control and network management, virtualization functions network, flexibility, programmability, energy efficiency.
Attendance and active participation in the proposed training activities (lectures and exercises) and the
individual study will allow the students to:
- acquire a correct terminology for the identification of the main components and functionalities of a mobile multimedia Apps implemented on embedded systems;
- know the structure and functions of the Internet of Things;
- know the main methods to process heterogenous signal and data acquired by sensors of an embedded system and in particular of a smatphone;
- identify the main components and functions od an Android App;
- provide practical implementations of Android Apps for Internet of Things applications.
The basic knowledge acquired in the courses of FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING, LABORATORY OF INFORMATICS AND TELEMATICS, EMBEDDED ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS and the course SIGNALS AND IMAGES PROCESSING AND TRANSMISSION, which takes place partially simultaneously, are useful for effectively addressing the teaching contents.
Traditional lessons and practical exercices.
Overview of the concept of the Internet of Things, fundamentals of signals and data processing on embedded systems and, in particular, on mobile platforms such as smartphones. The Android operating system, the hardware architecture of a mobile device, the Android Studio development environment. Android programming.
Design and development of Android software modules for signal processing and transmission between Android devices.
Office hours: By appointment. Please contact the lecturer by email (igor_dot_bisio_at_unige_dot_it) or by phone +39-010-3532803.
Office hours: By appointment. Please contact the Lecturer via email at: andrea_dot_sciarrone_at_unige_dot_it or via phone: 010 3532803
IGOR BISIO (President)
ANDREA SCIARRONE (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral presentation of a project implemented by the student and related technical demonstration.
The main purpose of the exam is to evaluate the students' ability to apply the theory presented during lectures by implementing a Multimedia App, designed and implemented by the students themselves. During the exam, students should demonstrate to know the methods studied and explain the behavior of their Apps and interpreting the results obtained during functional tests.
The designed App will be evaluated taking into account the following aspects:
1. A working code that produces meaningful results (minimum requirement for passing the test);
2. Efficacy, clarity and readability in the presentation of the results;
3. Explanation and justification of the results, in the light of the theory;
4. Style and readability of the programs;
5. Program computation efficiency.
|23/06/2022||09:00||GENOVA||DEMO||25 giugno aula 505|
Further information is available at: http://www.dsp.diten.unige.it/index.php/teachings/multimedia-apps-and-f….