|CREDITS||6 credits during the 2nd year of 9274 Product and nautical design (L-4) GENOVA|
|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ICAR/08|
|TEACHING LOCATION||GENOVA (Product and nautical design)|
This course aims to provide students with the fundamentals of construction science, with a focus on the resistance of various materials, as well as on the mechanics of solids and structures.
This course aims to equip students with the tools to analyze the equilibrium of rigid bodies, resistant behavior and the deformation of simple and composite beams. In particular, the course aims to study the constraint reactions and the stress characteristics in iso-static and hyper-static beams, the analysis of simple and compound stress states, and the problems relating to equilibrium stability and material failure. By the end of the course, students will be expected to:
- know the fundamentals of materials resistance and structure mechanics;
- describe the behavior of a rigid body under external and internal forces;
- describe the behavior of elastic structures from a stress-strain analysis viewpoint;
- analyze and solve both simple and complex structural analysis problems;
- be able to identify, face and solve issues relating to structural calculation.
MASSIMO CORRADI (President)