|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/30|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The course aims at forming a mental scheme and constructing a semi-scientific protocol in a particular situation such as that of the preverbal age child that can be applied to other situations in any age in which a verbal response from the patient can not be obtained for clinical conditions.
The course includes 10 hours of lectures with the use of slides and the practical use of appropriate preparatory equipment for the period of attendance at the U.O Clinic. Ophthalmology of the IRCCS Gaslini in which the application of what was done in the course is then implemented.
Ocular seismology of the preverbal age child: notions of pathophysiology and of the maturation of the visual system, examination of motility, of visual function. Neonatal eye screening
• Anatomical and functional features of the visual system of the newborn and child:
(cornea, lens, macula and optical pathways)
• Maturation stages of visual function in the newborn and in the child
• General and ophthalmological history
• Ophthalmologic semeiotic in preverbal age
1. Maturation processes of the visual function
2. Indirect assessment tests of visual function: Fixation reflex, Fixation preference (fixation retention), Blink reflex pupillary reflex, Anatomic integrity of dioptric means, Anterior posterior anatomic integrity, Refraction (High ametropia - Anisometropia), Strabismus
3. Direct evaluation tests of visual acuity NOC optokinetic nystagmus, Preferential gaze test (PLT), Visual evoked potentials (PEV), Tracking reflex, Hirschberg test, Brückner test, Stereopsis test (Lang)
4. Neonatal Ophthalmological Screening - Pediatric Ophthalmology Card
5.Rules of the Professional Orthoptic assistant in Ophthalmology in Screening and in Preverbal Eye Visits
M. Zingirian, G. Calabria, G. Ciurlo: "Ophthalmology and Vision Quality" I.N.C. SOI Congress proceedings 1992 Pagg: 19-24; 416-459
MARIA MUSOLINO (President)
MICHELE IESTER (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
It is necessary to register for the exam from the website: https://servizionline.unige.it/studenti/esami/
The exam focuses on the topics covered during the lessons but also aims to assess the ability to deepen, the use of correct terminology and the ability to expose the subject in such a way as to make you understand that you have learned the contents, but above all the method of approach to the patient in preverbal age