|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||CHIM/10|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
To get a good knowledge of the main process employed for the production, presevaton and home making of foods and their impact on nutrients
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- identify mild technologies and cooking methods;
- evaluate their effect on nutrients availability
- differentiate among foods having the same denomination but having suffered different production and storage processes.
Frontal lessons with the involvement of students about the topics to deal with, on the basis of students' personal experiences and interests.
Cappelli P., Vannucchi V. Chimica degli Alimenti – Conservazione e Trasformazioni - Zanichelli
Office hours: Monday 2 - 3pm after appointment via email
MATILDE BORRIELLO (President)
ANNA LAURA CREMONINI (President)
FEDERICA TURRINI (President)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Written exam consisting of 1 open question (evaluated up to a maximum of 10/30) and 10 multiple choice test of equal value (2/30 each). No penalties will be applied in case of wrong answers. The questions concern the program carried out during frontal lessons.
An oral addition is at the discretion of the teacher and only in specific and justified cases.
The student ability to integrate new knowledge each other. The student should prove to
- know the main preservation techniques employed by the food industry,
- know the chemical modification caused in foods by cooking or industrial processing,