|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/46|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
At the end of the integrated course the student faces and acquires notions that allow him to know the emergency laboratory, its clinical importance, the timeliness of the results, the tests that are performed, the dosage methods, the tests with forensic value and the legal aspects of the aforementioned tests. He also acquires knowledge on dosage methods and specific tests for myocardial infarction. He learned about the use of immunosuppressive drugs and the importance of the role of the emergency laboratory in the dosage of these drugs.
Knowledge and acquisition of the organization of the transfusion service and the blood bank, acquisition of processing and production techniques for level I and II blood components, acquisition of biological validation systems for blood components; acquisition and knowledge of tests for the quality control of blood components; acquisition and knowledge of the skills and responsibilities of the blood bank TBLS.
Knowledge of the different specialized branches of the laboratory. acquisition and knowledge of the organization of a laboratory and the phases that make up the process of analyzing a sample; the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phase; errors in the laboratory; internal quality controls and EQS; introduction to spectrophotometry and the principles of colorimetric reactions; urinalysis; the evolution of health legislation and the main laws that regulate it. Difference between ASL and health company: organization, financing and management; The LEA, the national and regional health plan, the DRG, professional responsibility.
Acquisition of notions that allow you to learn about the hematology laboratory, its clinical importance in the diagnostic process of some haematological diseases, the timeliness of results, the tests that are performed and the dosage methods. Acquires knowledge on the old assay methods for the execution of the blood count compared with the new automated methods, faster, more accurate and sensitive which allow, through the reading of flags and cytograms, to verify the instrumental results with the OM reading of the blood smear. He also acquires knowledge on some analytical techniques used for the diagnostics of pathological hemoglobins, other diagnostic techniques related to the 1st level screening of hemoglobinopathies, analytical techniques related to the diagnostics of other biological fluids analyzed in the hematology sector. During the blood count analysis process and other haematological tests, the student acquires notions on the use of quality controls.
Medical Technical Sciences Dr.sa Cristina Cusato (1 CFU)
• The emergency laboratory: description of an emergency laboratory. Tests performed in the emergency laboratory and their importance. The principles of the methods. The Tat (response times). The organization of work.
• Coagulation: Description of methods of analysis. The coagulometer, the normal values of the coagulation tests.
• Chain of custody: Legal aspects and forensic value of tests. Principles of alcohol and toxicological testing methods. Non-compliance and its importance.
• Immunosuppressive drugs: description of tests and principles of dosage methods. Clinical importance. Differences in use between the various immunosuppressants.
• Blood gas analysis: description of tests and principles of dosage methods.
• The blood gas analyzer. Principles of acid base balance. Poct (point of care).
• Cardiac enzymes: troponins and Bnp. Differences between the new and old methods of assay and tests. Normal values and their clinical value.
Medical Technical Sciences Dr.sa Maria Libera Trotta (1 CFU)
• skills of the Biomedical Laboratory Technician of the Blood Bank;
• organization of the Transfusion Service and the Blood Bank;
• processing and production of level I and II blood components;
• biological validation systems;
• quality control of blood components: technical and legislative aspects.
Medical Technical Sciences Dr.sa Alessandra Signoretti (1 CFU):
• Introduction to Analysis Laboratories.
• The technological evolution in Laboratory Medicine;
• professional development of the Laboratory Technician;
• health legislation and corporateization;
• minimum structural and organizational requirements of a Laboratory;
• The analytical process in the Laboratory;
• Chemical physical examination of the urine;
• Introduction to colorimetric reactions in clinical chemistry and spectrophotometry
Biochimica clinica e medicina di laboratorio, Autori: Marcello Ciacci, Giuseppe Lippi
ISBN 8879599585, 9788879599580- Edises, 2017 (acquisto obbligatorio).
Dispense delle lezioni
Immunoematologia: Simti (società italiana di medicina trasfusionale e immunoematologia) Sistra/Cns (centro nazionale sangue manuali operativi dei vari strumenti linee guide nazionali)
CRISTINA CUSATO (President)
MARIA LIBERA TROTTA
ALESSANDRA SIGNORETTI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
I year II semester
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Students must demonstrate that they have acquired the skills related to all MED / 46 courses