|SETTORE SCIENTIFICO DISCIPLINARE
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
OBIETTIVI E CONTENUTI
Basic concepts on technologies for modern electronic embedded systems. Introduction to sensor devices and sensing methods. Embedded electronic sensing systems for Internet of Things (IoT) and for distributed monitoring. Basic concepts of radio transceivers. Distributed wireless sensing networks for environmental monitoring. Application examples.
OBIETTIVI FORMATIVI (DETTAGLIO) E RISULTATI DI APPRENDIMENTO
Attendance and active participation in the proposed educational activities (lectures and laboratory activities) and individual study will enable the student to:
- understanding basic electrical variables e.g. current, voltage, power, energy
- understanding the behavior of a simple linear electric circuit
- understanding the behavior of a simple RC circuit
- understanding the classification of materials based on their electrical properties e.g. insulators, conductors and semiconductors
- learning how to analyze the behavior of an electric circuit
- understanding the behavior and application of the diode
- understanding the behavior of a MOS transistor as signal amplifier
- understanding the behavior of the CMOS inverter and of NOR and NAND gates circuits
- understanding the evaluation of time response and power/energy consumption of CMOS logic gate circuits
Basic mathematic skills
The course is based on class lectures (about 40 hours) and includes a lab exercise on the programming and usage of an IoT node for environmental monitoring
Final evaluation is an oral test.
The oral test checks the knowledge of the students of the course content.
Three examinations are planned in the summar session and three during the winter session
OFFICE HOURS FOR STUDENTS
- Introduction to linear electric components and circuits: resistors, independent current and voltage generators, Kirchhoff current and voltage laws.
- Capacitor and simple RC circuits
- Classification of materials: insulators, conductors and semiconductors
- Semiconductor materials as the basis of solid state (modern) electronics
- Electronic devices: diodes and transistors.
- The MOS transistor as signal amplifier
- The CMOS inverter circuit
- Power consumption, time response of the CMOS inverter
- Static logic gates: NOR and NAND
- Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog converters
- Moore’s law and technology scaling
- Digital electronic circuits
- Combinational logic circuits
- Sequential logic circuits
- Finite State Machines
- Embedded data processing systems: microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Embedded radio transceivers
- IoT systems for environmental monitoring
The course material is published on Aulaweb.
M. Parodi, M. Storace, “Linear and Nonlinear Circuits: Basic & Advanced Concepts”, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61234-8, Print ISBN 978-3-319-61233-1, Springer International Publishing AG 2018.MODALITA' D'ESAME
Sedra/Smith, Microelectronic Circuits, Oxford University Press Inc, ISBN 9780199339143
DOCENTI E COMMISSIONI
RAFFAELE BOLLA (Presidente)
DANIELE CAVIGLIA (Presidente)
MAURIZIO VALLE (Presidente)
Come da Calendario didattico
Orari delle lezioni
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.