News ed eventi
- DOTTORATO DI RICERCA
- Durata e crediti
- Accesso libero
Welcome to the website of the PhD programme in Security, risk and vulnerability of UniGe.
Our PhD programme conforms to a high-quality international standard, offering the PhD students a large choice of topics, engaging courses and a rich schedule of seminars by scientists of high international reputation.
The PhD programme in Security, risk and vulnerability is a three years research degree structured in six curricula:
- Cybersecurity and Reliable Artificial Intelligence (in cooperation with Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento)
- Security and Law
- Security and Strategic Studies
- Management and Security
- Risk and Resilience Engineering for the Natural, Industrialized and Built environments
- Risk, Climate Change and Sustainable Development
Our PhD students are expected to acquire broad foundations on both practical and theoretical aspects, learn how to conduct high quality research, and solve important research questions of the selected research topic.
A PhD in Security, risk and vulnerability opens a variety of career opportunities. Natural outcomes are in academic or research institutions or else in R&D departments of national and international companies. Further career opportunities, not strictly related to research, but still leveraging on the role of 'innovators', include the establishment of spin-off companies or consultancy.
Head of programme
Welcome to the PhD programme in Security, risk and vulnerability.
Vulnerabilities affect human artifacts and organizations alike. Understanding and managing the associated risks can save lives and protect our rights, businesses and the environment. This is easier said than done as several technical and methodological hurdles must still be overtaken to achieve effective risk mitigation strategies in many relevant sectors. The PhD programme offers you a lively, international and multi-disciplinary academic environment to tackle these challenges.
The PhD programme features collaborations with external board members of several International Research Institutes including:
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Italy)
- CIMA Research Foundation (Italy)
- University of Oxford (UK)
- Western University (Canada)
- IUT2 - Université Grenoble Alpes (France)
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
To learn more, please visit the dedicated PhD course website.