|SETTORE SCIENTIFICO DISCIPLINARE||ING-IND/26|
|MODULI||Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:|
Learn about sustainability, life cycle thinking and life cycle assessment as a tool to evaluate potential impacts along the life-cycle of a product for ecodesign purpose.
On successful completion of this study, through lessons attendance and training activities such as oral lessons and exercises, the student should be able to:
The course foreseen oral lessons, exercises, use of simulation software
Teaching material and exercises will be available on Aulaweb platform.
The following book and standards could be useful a follow-up.
Ricevimento: By appointment.
ADRIANA DEL BORGHI (Presidente)
PAOLO VASSALLO (Presidente Supplente)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
The exam consists of a project ecodesign presentation and of an oral examination. In particular, the project ecodesign consists of the realization and the presentation of the outcome of a Life Cycle Assessment study of an industrial process chosen by the student based on the teacher suggestions. To reach the oral stage, the students must pass the written test with a minimum grade of 18/30. The achieved course grade will be the average between the written and the oral examinations.
Three exam sessions will be foreseen during the winter session (January, February and during the Easter didactic stop of the Polytechnic School) and four exam sessions will be foreseen during the summer session (June, July, September and during the fall stop of the Polytechnic School). No extraordinary further exam sessions will be issued outside the regular Polytechnic School periods, with the exceptions of students without didactic activities in their current academic year curriculum.
The learning outcomes are assessed through the presentation of a project ecodesign and an oral exam.
The project design consists of the following steps:
1. Choose a process/plant/supply chain within the following: traditional processes (steel mills, refineries, glass and cements production plants, waste treatment), “innovative” processes (photovoltaic, fuel cell, bioplastic, biofuels, circular economy)
2. Analyze the process through a Life Cycle Assessment study, retrieving data by scientific literature, publications, public reports using spreadsheets and modeling software.
3. Identify one or more aspects (substances, materials, emissions, waste) significant from an environmental point of view
4. Propose one of more plant/process/supply chain alternatives and study the obtained improvements
5. Draw up a sustainability report showing: case study, methodology and results
Criteria and scores for the project evaluation are the following:
1. Rigorous technical and scientific basis of the project: 20/30
2. Innovation and topicality of the issue: 3/30
3. Understanding and personal input to the issue: 5/30
4. Quality of the report: 2/30
For a maximum of 30/30.
The ecodesign project will be presented during the oral examination. The exam aims to evaluate skills to apply the learning to specific case studies and to critically analyze processes from a comprehensive and holistic point of view. Quality of the presentation, correct terminology, and critical thinking skills will also be evaluated.
|22/06/2022||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|21/07/2022||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|15/09/2022||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|