Warning: page content is not entirely available in your language of choice.
Call for admission
How it works
The test lasts 90 minutes and consists of solving 50 multiple-choice questions on:
- General and maritime culture - 10 questions
- the questions will focus on knowledge of general and maritime culture and are aimed at verifying basic knowledge about culture and history
- Logic and mathematics - 20 questions
- verification of the ability to logically complete a reasoning, in a manner consistent with the premises that are set out in symbolic or verbal form through multiple-choice questions
- for the mathematical part the questions are aimed at ascertaining the mastery of:
- numerical sets and arithmetic (natural, relative, rational, real numbers; ordering and comparison of numbers; order of magnitude; operations, powers, radicals, logarithms), algebraic calculation
- Euclidean geometry (polygons, circumference and circle, measurements of lengths, surfaces and volumes, isometry, similarities and equivalences, geometric places)
- elements of plane trigonometry (sine, cosine, tangent functions and their inverses, fundamental relations of goniometry, formulas for associated angles, theorems for right triangles)
- English language knowledge - 20 questions
- the test is aimed at ascertaining comprehension of the English language at B1 level.
You can find a simulation test on AulaWeb.
To learn more about the admission test, please read carefully the admission call published on Admission criteria and procedure web page.
When and where
The admission test will be held online and it will take place:
- on the 26th of May 2022 for Non-EU candidates residing abroad
- on the 25th of July 2022 for Non-EU candidates residing abroad (terms reopening)
- on the 25th of July 2022 for EU and non-EU candidates legally residing in Italy
- on the 16 th of september 2022 for EU and non-EU candidates legally residing in Italy
If you are a non-EU candidates residing abroad, you are invited on 26th of May 2022 at 9.00 (CEST) to enable the Committee to carry out the identification operations.
The test shall start at 10.00 (CEST).
All candidates, EU candidates and non-EU candidates legally residing in Italy (terms reopening), are invited on 16th of September 2022 at 9.00 (CEST). to enable the Committee to carry out the identification operations. The test shall start at 10.00 (CEST).
Please remember that a computer equipped with a camera is required.
The procedures for the admission test are indicated in the Announcement of Admissions.
Please read carefully.
The procedures for the admission test are indicated below.
Please read carefully.
Get ready for the test
Preparation for admission test
EU and non-EU candidates legally residing in Italy are invited on 16th of september 2022 at 9.00 (CEST) to enable the Committee to carry out the identification operations. The test shall start at 10.00 (CEST).
Candidates must (under penalty of exclusion from the test) carry out a series of technical checks on their remote connection before the admission test, held on the 14.09.2022 at 9.00 or 15.00 (CEST).
By 13.09.2022 each candidate will receive by e-mail the link to the meeting in which they must participate.
After the test
Check the rankings
Check the test results on the UniGe Servizi Online dedicated page.
The rankings will be published online in the “News and Events” section of the degree course website and in the Universiy of Genoa's student portal:
- by the 6th of june 2022 for non-EU candidates living abroad in which account will be taken of the reservation of places for Chinese nationals
- by the 29th of July 2022 for non-EU candidates residing abroad (terms reopening), EU candidates and non-EU candidates legally residing in Italy
- by the 19th of september 2022 for EU and non-EU candidates legally residing in Italy
N.B. Remember that no personal communication will be given to candidates.
Fill the form for repechage
If you want to be entitled to repechage, fill the online form.
Check if the rankings have changed
Check if there have been any changes in the rankings.