Skip to main content

Frequently asked questions

Acceptance is to be made through the online services.



It is not mandatory, but we recommend that you accept the fellowship in full. After checking the educational offerings of the host location, you can sign the agreement to disburse the fellowship for a smaller number of months, if necessary.




Yes, as long as the two periods do not overlap. However, the sum of the two mobilities shall not exceed the maximum 12 months allowed per academic year.




The period to be indicated in the acceptance should be based on the start and end dates of classes. You will be able to find this information on the web page of the host site.




Yes. If the period abroad will still take place in the scheduled semester, you must notify the International Mobility Office and the appropriate School/Department office of the new date. If the mobility will take place in a different semester, we advise you to check the validity of the Learning Agreement and Application Form that may have already been completed.






The committees, while taking into account the preferences expressed in your application, will assign you the location deemed most appropriate based on your educational offerings and skills (including language skills).




No, the assigned location is final. The committee can consider a change of assignment only:

  • in the case of major changes in educational offerings that do not allow you to carry out your teaching activities
  • in the case of rejection of the host location




School/Department Erasmus desks send your name to partner universities. You must:

  1. complete the application procedures
  2. on the host university's website.
  3. verify the Aapplication Form
  4. deadlines.
  5. verify deadlines for submitting theLearning Agreement and any other procedures to be completed prior to departure




You will need to check with the Embassies/Consulates in the destination country to see if an entry visa is required.

If you are a non-EU student, you must have an Italian residence permit valid for the entire duration of their mobility in order to sign the agreement. The SASS Office provides assistance with both visa applications and renewal of residence permits.



You will need to select the courses you are interested in based on the course offerings at your assigned location and then enter them into the Learning Agreement with the help of the Erasmus desk.

Exams you take abroad, certified by the host location in the Transcript of Records, will be recognized once you return to Italy.



Yes, because only with the signature of the UniGe manager and the approval of the host site will you be allowed to study abroad.



In addition to the Learning Agreement complete with all authorizations, you will need to sign the Study Mobility Agreementa cceding to the Online Services of UniGe.



To know the complete list of required documents you need to access the dedicated page on UniGe's ServicesOnline.



You will receive credentials at your institutional e-mail address ( once you sign the agreement.



You will have to:

  • log in to the OLS platform and take the first mandatory test
  • send, as soon as you start, the completed Form A to

Once abroad you will be able to:

  • apply for a possible extension
  • make changes to the Learning Agreement
  • .




No. Once you graduate, you will not be able to resume Erasmus.




For A.Y. 2020/21, the projected amounts are as follows:

  • European Community Scholarship:

. (HIGH cost of living)Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom.€300/every 30 days

. (AVERAGE cost of living)Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.€250/every 30 days

(LOW cost of living)Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Slovenia, Hungary.€250/every 30 days

  • Supplementary grant allocated by UniGe/MIUR:
  • .

ISEE - UNIVERSITYIntegration Athenaeum/MIURPremium for Results

up to €13,000

(every 30 days)0 / € 50 / € 150
(every 30 days - see note 1)

between €13,001 and €30,000€350
(every 30 days)0 / € 50 / € 150
(every 30 days - see note 1)

In excess of € 30,000 or in the absence of ISEE - University or ISEE - Equalized University€ 200
(every 30 days)0 / € 50 / € 150
(every 30 days - see note 1)


Note 1:

  • for a number of curricular CFUs less than 2 CFUs per 30 days: nil award
  • for a number of curricular CFUs greater than or equal to 2 CFUs and less than 4 CFUs every 30 days: award of €50 every 30 days
  • for a number of curricular CFUs greater than or equal to 4 CFUs every 30 days: award of € 150 every 30 days

N.B.UniGe integration is INCOMPATIBLE with the ALFA (formerly ARSEL Liguria) mobility grant.

The grants are disbursed:

  • before departure: The University/MIUR supplement, determined according to your income, will be disbursed 50% after you sign the mobility agreement and after your ISEE is confirmed. The remaining 50 percent, if you are entitled, upon your return.
  • .
  • at the beginning of your mobility: 80% of the EU contribution will be disbursed at the beginning of your trip, after you submit Form A. The remaining 20%, if you are entitled, upon your return.
  • .
  • on the student's return: You will be given the balance only once you have completed all the return procedures (delivery of the certificate of attendance, final OLS test, and completion of EU Survey).

N.B.Payments are subject to UniGe payment timelines. Final contributions will be calculated based on the actual number of days you spent abroad, regardless of the number of days indicated on the mobility agreement.





Yes, the initial and final tests are mandatory and we strongly recommend that you take the course.

If you scored C2 in the initial test, you do not have to take the final test.



You will need to register and send to the completed Form A (found in the Important Documents section of this page).



Yes, you will need to use the During the Mobility section of the Learning Agreement, following the directions in the document Guidelines on how to use the Learning Agreement for Studies and meeting any deadlines set by the host site.



Yes, you will need to fill out Form B and follow the instructions posted in the Student Kit, found in the Important Documents section of this page.



Yes, but remember that the minimum period is 90 days and periods of less than 3 months can neither be recognized nor funded.




At the end of Erasmus, in order to have academic and financial recognition, you must request the host university to fill out the:

  • certificate of attendance (which you can find in the important documents section of this page)
  • transcript of records with exams taken and their grades

N.B.The submission of final papers and the second OLS test are mandatory to receive the balance of the scholarship. If you do not complete the required procedures, you will have to return the already awarded scholarship.



You must submit the certificate of attendance in original to the International Mobility Office within 30 days of your return. The transcript of records on the other hand must be delivered to the appropriate School/Department office in case it has not already been sent by the host institution.



After submission of the final documents you will receive, on your institutional email (, instructions for completing the EU Survey, the mandatory report to receive the balance of the grant.

N.B.If you do not complete all procedures you will have to return the scholarship already received.