Skip to main content

Frequently asked questions

In addition to the Learning Agreement complete with all authorizations, you will need to sign the Study Mobility Agreement by accessing UniGe's ServicesOnline.

Acceptance should be made through the online services.

It is not mandatory, but we recommend that you accept the fellowship in full. After checking the educational offerings of the host location, you can sign the agreement to disburse the fellowship for a smaller number of months, if necessary.

Yes, as long as the two periods do not overlap. However, the sum of the two mobilities shall not exceed the maximum 12 months allowed per academic year.

The period to be indicated in the acceptance should be based on the start and end dates of classes. You will be able to find this information on the web page of the host site.

Yes. If the period abroad will still take place in the scheduled semester, you will need to notify the International Mobility Office and the School/Department Erasmus Desk of the new date. If the mobility will take place in a different semester, we advise you to check the validity of the Learning Agreement and the Application Form that may have already been completed.


The committees, while taking into account the preferences expressed in your application, will assign you the location deemed most appropriate based on your educational offerings and skills (including language skills).

No, the assigned location is final. The committee can only consider a change of assignment:

  • in the case of major changes in educational offerings that do not allow you to carry out your teaching activities
  • in the case of rejection of the host location

School/Department Erasmus desks send your name to partner universities. You must:

  1. complete the application procedures
  2. on the host university's website.
  3. verify Application Form deadlines
  4. .
  5. verify the deadlines for submitting the Learning Agreement and any other procedures to be completed prior to departure

You will need to check with the Embassies/Consulates in the destination country to see if an entry visa is required.

If you are a non-EU student, you must have an Italian residence permit valid for the entire duration of the mobility. The SASS Office provides assistance with both visa applications and renewal of residence permits.

Yes, because only with the signature of the UniGe manager and the approval of the host site will you be allowed to study abroad.

Find the complete list of dosuments needed on UniGe's Online Services page.

You will receive credentials at your institutional e-mail address ( once you sign the agreement.

You will have to:

  • log in to the OLS platform and take the first mandatory test
  • send, as soon as you start, the completed Form A to

Once abroad you will be able to:

  • apply for a possible extension
  • make changes to theLearning Agreement

No. Once you graduate, you will not be able to resume Erasmus.

Yes, the initial and final test are mandatory and we strongly advise you to take the course.

If you scored C2 in the initial test, you do not have to take the final test.

You will need to register and send to theForm A (found in the Important Documents section of this page) completed.

Yes, you will need to fill out Form B and follow the instructions posted in the Student's Kit, which you will find in the Important Documents section of this page.

Yes, but remember that the minimum period is 90 days and periods of less than 3 months cannot be recognized or funded.

At the end of Erasmus, in order to have academic and financial recognition, you must apply to the host university for the completion of the:

  • Certificate of Attendance (which you will find in the important documents section of this page)
  • Transcript of Records with exams taken and their grades

N.B.The submission of final papers and the second OLS test are mandatory to receive the balance of the scholarship. If you do not complete the required procedures, you will have to return the already awarded scholarship.

You must deliver the Certificate of Attendance in original to the International Mobility Office within 30 days of your return. The Transcript of Records, on the other hand, must be delivered to the School/Department Erasmus Desk in case it has not already been sent by the host institution.


After submission of the final documents you will receive, on your institutional email (, instructions for completing the EU Survey, the mandatory report to receive the balance of the grant.

N.B.If you do not complete all procedures you will have to return the scholarship already received.