Skip to main content

When you arrive

Register at the International Mobility Office

This is the first office you have to visit (don't forget to bring a valid identity document with you).

Here you will:

  • be registered and enrolled
  • receive a matriculation number and necessary documents
  • be given the student badge that is necessary to access to the labs, to libraries and student canteens

After you have enrolled you will be able to access all the facilities and services you are entitled to as an UniGe student.

Here you will also receive all useful information regarding the professor responsible for your Erasmus Exchange in UniGe. If needed, ask his/her consulting hours and other contacts directly to the Erasmus Office of the UniGe Department you are headed to.

Go to the  Foreign  students’ office (SASS)

This office can help you in:

  • finding the best accommodation for your needs
  • applying for the tax code number
  • applying for the permit of stay (non-EU citizens only)

Contact the professor responsible for your exchange

Contact the professor responsible for your exchange, indicated in the section Erasmus+ stay data of your application form.

He/she will support you in matters concerning your study/traineeship plan (learning agreement) and the course units.

Contact the International Office of the UniGe Department you're headed to: it will provide all useful information regarding our organization, the academic calendar and the course units.



Your UniGePASS

Once enrolled at UniGe by the International Mobility Office, you will be assigned a UniGePASS account to access all the online services, such as:

  • wifi internet access
  • student's webmail
  • e-learning and aulaweb
  • use of university computers
  • library services
  • etc...


ALISEO offers general student services such as meal services and accommodation.

Canteens are one of the main services provided for students, also Erasmus students can have access to this service, prior authorization.

The complete list of canteens available for students and the prices of meals can be consulted at the ALISEO web page.


UniGe supports International students in their accommodation research, but does not guarantee nor reserve any kind of accommodation.
Nonetheless, UniGe provides an accommodation bulletin board where you can find a flat or a room.

If you are interested in university residences, contact ALISEO (Regional Agency for Students and Tutoring), the body in charge of this kind of accommodation.

Bed & Breakfasts, residences and religious accommodations can be alternative solutions, especially for short stays. A list of these types of accommodation is available at SASS office.