|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SECS-P/08|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The course provides knowledge and skills for the management and governance of tourist destinations. It also explores the role and tools of destination marketing, in its strategic and operational dimensions
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
• understand the dynamics of the tourist market
• analyze the characteristics of tourist destinations
• identify the components of the tourist destination, the relationships between them and the government mechanisms
• analyze the behavior of the tourist consumer
• design a marketing strategy for the tourist destination, combining traditional and innovative tools
Lectures are integrated with seminars with practitioners and individual/group works.
Attendance is not compulsory.
Attending student should study
Not-attending students should study
Office hours: In Imperia: on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. during the first semester; check in Aulaweb in the second semester In Savona: on Fridays at 4 p.m. during the first semester; check in Aulaweb in the second semester In Genoa: on Thursdays at 10 a.m. Due to the covid-19 emergency, office hours will be replaced by online meetings on demand.
RICCARDO SPINELLI (President)
CHIARA CELLERINO (President Substitute)
LORENZO SCHIANO DI PEPE (President Substitute)
15th October 2021
Written test in Italian language with open-ended questions.
Due to the covid-19 emergency, the written test will be replaced by an interview.
The exam assesses the level of knowledge and understanding of the course contents, together with the student’s capability of developing independent thinking about the implications on tourism destinations management and development.