|CREDITS||6 credits during the 1st year of 11267 ECONOMICS AND DATA SCIENCE (LM-56) GENOVA|
|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SECS-P/08|
|TEACHING LOCATION||GENOVA (ECONOMICS AND DATA SCIENCE )|
The course aims to convey to students the basic notions of "Strategic Management", i.e. the set of practices, theoretical models, case studies, interactions and behaviours necessary for Business Management and, in particular, for strategic decision making.
Synchronous lectures and case studies
The course aims at helping students to understand and interpret the companies’ behaviours and strategies with reference to their surrounding environment. The specific focus is on competitive/collaborative relationships among companies and their stakeholders. Some modelling paradigms are presented, along with case studies.
- main goals of a business
- companies as complex social systems
- creating shared value and Porter's Value Chain
- mission, vision and strategy
- the company and the environment (general and competitive environment; Porter's five forces analysis)
- internal environment of companies (resources, competences)
- business and corporate strategies
- competitive strategies (cost leadership, differentiation, focus) and the competitive advantage
- innovation and exploration vs exploitation strategies
- business functions
- business processes
- modelling and simulating an enterprise (overview of different paradigms)
- agent based models for strategic management simulation and modelling
- examples and case studies
- paradigms of business organization related to managerial strategies
MARCO REMONDINO (President)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral exam, based on the presentation of a project work, with references to the theoretical concepts illustrated during the course.