|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/16|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
Within the Course of Applied Medical Therapy and Palliative Care, the Rheumatology Teaching program is intended to provide basic knowledge for treating the major rheumatic diseases.
At the end of the course, the student will acquire skills in choosing, prescribing and monitoring the effects of the main drugs used in the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
- Theoretical frontal lessons
- Clinical case analysis
- Therapy of chronic inflammatory arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis and spondylarthritis).
- Therapy of systemic connective tissue diseases (such as systemic sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, Sjogren syndrome, myositis).
- Therapy of vasculitis.
- Therapy of crystal induced arthropathy (such as gout and Calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease).
- Therapy of fibromyalgia.
- Therapy of soft tissue diseases (such as enthesitis, bursitis and tenosynovitis).
- Therapy of degenerative bone diseases (such as osteoporosis and Paget).
- Therapy of osteoarthritis.
UNIREUMA REUMATOLOGIA – IDELSON GNOCCHI 2014.
EULAR TEXTBOOK ON RHEUMATIC DISEASES – BMJ 2015.
DIEGO BAGNASCO (President)
ANDREA DE MARIA (President)
GIOVANNI PASSALACQUA (President)
EDOARDO GIOVANNI GIANNINI
ROBERTO MASSIMO LEMOLI
DAVIDE CARLO MAGGI
FRANCESCA CHIARA VIAZZI
ROBERTO PONTREMOLI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam will take place in written form.
The test consists of a series of multiple choice quizzes, included in the written test of the Course of Applied Medical Therapy and Palliative Care.
Quizzes can be represented by short clinical cases or clinical situations.
There are 4 possible options of choice, one of which is correct.
The final exam will verify the student learning, attesting the acquisition of the expected learning outcomes. It will take place within the written test of the Applied Medical Therapy and Palliative Care course. The student must reach a minimum score of 18/30 to pass the exam.
Class attendance is mandatory.
Lesson slides will remain available to students.
Students will be received at the end of the lessons, if interested in any clarifications regarding the discussed topics or anything else of specific interest.