The purpose of the Teaching is to
1. provide students with the theoretical foundations to understand the mechanisms of brand communication
2. provide students with a complete overview of the brand's marketing and communication tools available in the digital landscape
3. provide students with the tools to better manage a brand in the logic of multi-channel communication
4. to make students experience the management of a social page through the group workshop
AIMS AND CONTENT
The course objective is to introduce students to the mechanisms of communication from the perspective of the brands that communicate, and the recipients of the message, all in the context of online communication.
In addition, the course aims to provide a complete overview of the several digital marketing and communication tools currently available, their theoretical and practical use with respect to the various marketing and communication objectives that the brand has set itself. Central part of the course is also a Workshop activity where students put into practice what they have learned through the opening of social communication channels aimed at generating content and measuring the results obtained, after which the students are invited to present own results to the class.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students will be able to manage brand positioning and brand assett in the digital landscape, by having acquired a theoretical and practical knowledge on the function of each digital marketing and communication tool within the online world.
Students will also be able to understand how to make better use of the tools at their disposal and to manage technical specialists operating in this world in order to achieve their marketing and communication goals when working for a brand.
Students will be able to manage directly a social media profile for their brands through the workshop activity handled in groups.
Students will learn how to make the best out of LinkedIn for their career with a dedicated workshop.
Good knowledge of the English language. It is a pre-requisite to have passed the Marketing exam.
Lectures, case studies, group works.
Considering the interactive activity that will be played during the lessons, attendance is mandatory and verified.
- Yearly Digital Update
- Communication: how does it work
- Brand Communication: what are the main operating models (psychological and technical) to obtain a successful Brand Positioning and Communications
- The Consumer Journey: focus on the communication tools from awareness to loyalty
- The Digital Marketing Funnel: how to turn prospect into loyal customers
- Web Marketing: tools and how they work - Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Display Advertising, Email Marketing
- Social media marketing focus: how does the algorithms work? Which are the social media on the rise
- User Experience and User Interface Design to improve customer retention on websites and apps
- LinkedIn for career development: a joint class with E-business
Handouts (PDF) prepared by the teacher.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
ANDREA LUGHI (President)
LARA PENCO (President)
Second Semester 2022/2023
(NO Exam - Attendant students only)
The suitability is achieved on the basis of the lessons frequency and of the teacher's evaluation regarding the activities carried out in the classroom, individual work and group work.
There is no exam, nor a final vote, but only a judgment of suitability.
In case of negative evaluation of suitability, activities and manner to undergo a new evaluation will be indicated.