|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||BIO/14|
Prerequisites (for future units)
The course is transformed by combining with the molecular biology module. The interest for biotechnological drugs will be characterized by in-depth studies and dedicated lessons.
The course is aimed at providing the bases of pharmacology and toxicology.
Moreover, will be provided knowledge and tools related to scientific research in this field.
The course of Pharmacology aims to provide knowledge about the general mechanisms of drug interactions with the biological structures. The course will deal from a qualitative and quantitative point of view:
The goal is to create a solid foundation for dealing with the management of the drug.
The student will learn what a pharmacological problem means, analyze the efficacy and safety of a drug and evaluate specific cases related to the emerging development of biotechnological drugs
General chemistry and inorganic
Organic chemical I.
Organic chemical II.
Biochemistry and applied biochemistry
Animal biology and human anatomy
Frontal lectures or, if necessary, in telematic teaching mode.
1. General Pharmacology and Toxicology
3. Pharmacokinetics (PK)
4. Challenges in Pharmacological Research
6. Ionotropic Rs (IRs)
7. Metabotropic R Metabotropy (MRs)
8. IRs Main families, localization, activities
9. MRs Main families, localization, activities
10. Other receptors
11. Carrier (T)
12. T Main families, localization, activities
13. Non-functional Techniques
14. Functional Techniques
15. Drug-Receptor interaction (FR)
16. Pharmacological Theories
17. FR Constants and parameters
18. FR Linear and logarithmic graphic representations
19. Computer software and tools
20. Allosteric and orthosteric ligands
25. PK In the elderly
26. PK In the smoker
27. PK In the cannabis consumer
28. PK in the obesity
29. Routes of administration
30. Ways of elimination
31. Metabolism's Phases, genetic variations and processes
32. PK Parameters and kinetics
34. Drugs Handling
35. Preclinical, and clinical trials
36. Toxicity test
37. Mechanisms of Toxicity
38. ADR and Pharmacovigilance
39. Forensic toxicology
40. Contrast liquids
41 Vaccines and biotechnological drugs
Goodman & Gilman Le basi farmacologiche della terapia Zanichelli
Hitner & Nagle Principi di Farmacologia Zanichelli
Katzung, Master, Trevor Frmacologia Generale e clinica Piccin
Casarett & Doull Elementi di tossicologia Casa editrice Ambrosiana
Tossicologia generale e applicata ai farmaci- Manzo, Paolillo e Vitalone -edra
Il meccanismo d'azione dei farmaci Francesco Clementi Guido Fumagalli-edra
Rossi, Cuomo, Riccardi Farmacologia principi di base e applicazioni terapeutiche IV ed Edizioni Minerva Medica
Office hours: on appointment
MASSIMO GRILLI (President)
CHIARA CERVETTO (Substitute)
MARCO MILANESE (Substitute)
GUENDALINA OLIVERO (Substitute)
ANNA MARIA PITTALUGA (Substitute)
LUCA RAITERI (Substitute)
Starting date: March 01, 2021
MS Teams Code:
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral examination (frontal or telematic mode).
The learning outcomes will be based on the assessment during the examination of three key aspects:
appropriateness of the terminology
skills and notions