|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/28|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The teaching aims to:
• provide students with the basics of odontostomatological diseases.
• introduce the issues related to odontostomatological problems and pathologies that can be highlighted in the neuropsychomotor clinical framework
. • to make students acquire the ability to intercept possible dental pathologies and the basic notions of dental prevention, oral hygiene and food.
• to acquire basic first aid principles in case of dental trauma
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
• know the stomagnotatico apparatus and its physiology in its basic elements.
• recognize the main odontostomatological problems of the pediatric age within neurological frameworks
• recognize any psychomotor discomfort related to the paired stomatognath
• apply the above knowledge to the correct setting of neuropsychomotor treatment in complex disabilities
• explain oral and food hygiene protocols in order to advise and suggest these practices to young patients
• Apply basic first aid principles in case of dental trauma
lectures for a total of 10 hours
Masticatory function and signs of semeiotic
Concepts of malocclusions and spoiled habits
Oral and food Hygiene instructions
Sign of oral pathology
Hints of dental trauma and first aid
lecture notes will be provided
EUGENIA DUFOUR (President)
GIROLAMO MATTIOLI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
written exam consisting of multiple choice test and 1 or 2 open questions
The multiple answers part will allow to evaluate the level of learning acquired during the lessons while the open questions will allow to evaluate the level of deepening of the subject by the student