|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SPS/07|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The teaching aims to:
- introduce issues relating to the approaches and strategies of social research
- provide students with a general understanding of research design
- provide students with the notions relating to techniques and tools that can be used in the context of a social research process
- provide students with the basic skills to develop a social research design independently and choose the most appropriate research techniques
EXPECTED LEARNING RESULTS
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- know the strategies of social research
- recognize the strategy used in a social research
- analytically describe the phases of social research design and the main research techniques
- autonomously design an elementary research design
- distinguish the most suitable research techniques to be adopted in relation to the specific research object and context considered
Lectures and classroom discussions with students
- The strategies and types of social research
- The design of the research and its phases
- The main techniques of social research
- Sampling and questionnaire; the interview; group techniques.
The indicated textbook could be modified: confirmation will be given at the beginning of the lessons
Palumbo M., Garbarino E., Ricerca sociale: metodo e tecniche, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2016 (4^ ristampa)
Office hours: By appointment, after sending an email to email@example.com, at the DISFOR, Corso Podestà, 2, 3rd floor room 3A6 or on the Teams platform.
DANIELA AMICIZIA (President)
GUIDO FRANCO AMORETTI
CECILIA SERENA PACE
DONATELLA PANATTO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Written exam with open-ended questions.
The exam mode allows you to check:
Knowledge of social research strategies
Knowledge of the phases of social research design and of the main research techniques
The ability to design an elementary research design and choose the most suitable research techniques to be adopted for the research object and context considered
The exam method allows the verification of the above listed knowledge and skills as appropriate open-ended questions will allow students to demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired.
Students may be offered to participate in ongoing research to be evaluated in the examination