|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
Prosthodontics is the branch of Dentistry that deals with the restoration of compromised teeth and with the substitution of missing teeth in partially or totally edentulous patients.
AIMS AND CONTENT
Acquisition of the theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make a diagnosis in edentulous patients and in order to design and realize a removable or fixed partial or total denture.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the student must:
- know in depth the intraoral anatomy of the partially and completely edentulous patient
- know in depth the materials and methods needed to realize a fixed or removable prosthesis (partial or complete denture)
- be able to diagnose and realize a proper treatment plan including fixed or removable prostheses
- be able to clinically identify indications and contraindications to the rehabilitation with the various types of prostheses
- know in detail the various components and the materials used to realize a removable prosthesis
- be able to decide the type and the design of the fixed/removable prosthesis best suited in a specific clinical situation
- have acquired a proper terminology in order to be able to identify the various types of prostheses and their components and in order to describe the procedures required to realize a fixed or removable prosthesis with a suitable language
- be able to realize a proper fixed or removable prosthesis
- be able to properly manage the clinical records
- be able to properly plan and manage the appointments
- be able to properly manage the collaboration with the dental technician
Clinical activity carried out directly by the students under the supervision of clinical tutors in University and Hospital clinical divisions.
- Diagnosis and treatment plan in prosthodontics (anamnesis, oral examination, instrumental exams)
- Reconstruction of endodontically treated teeth
- Abutment teeth preparation for fixed and removable prostheses
- Preliminary and definitive impressions
- Jaw relation record procedures: vertical dimension of occlusion and maxilla-mandibular relationship in the horizontal plane
- Realization of fixed and removable partial and total dentures
- Occlusal control
- Management of the clinical records
- Planning and management of the appointments
- Management of the collaboration with the dental technician
In order to deepen the topics covered, the following text book is suggested:
Preti G. Riabilitazione Protesica. UTET
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: On appointment e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ricevimento: On appointment email@example.com
LUIGI CANULLO (President)
PAOLO PESCE (President)
ALESSANDRO UGOLINI (President)
GIUSEPPE GILBERTO SIGNORINI
MARIA MENINI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The final exam comprises an interview and the discussion of clinical cases
Details of the preparation for the exam and of the level of in-depth study will be given during the lessons.
The student must demonstrate the attendance of at least 75% of the planned learning activities presenting the special register and the certificates signed by the clinical tutors attesting the clinical activities carried out.
The interview will evaluate the capacity to formulate a proper diagnosis and treatment plan using a suitable terminology.
The evaluation will also include punctuality, personal behaviour, communication skills, and professionalism in the relationship with the patient, with the clinical tutors and with the dental equips of the different clinical divisions.