|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-IND/33|
|LANGUAGE||Italian (English on demand)|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The course aims to present with systemic and cross-disciplinary, methodological and technological aspects for the protection of electrical energy systems , with particular regard to new widespread and renewable generation scenario, including microgrids , the load control ( demand response ) and to storage systems.
During the course proper design aspects of protection systems are analysed. The course is focues on the problems of integration between protection, control and telecommunications in light of the spread of distributed generation and the evolution of electrical distribution systems.
The course aims to present the systemic, methodological and technological aspects for the protection of electrical energy systems, with particular regard to the new scenario of widespread and renewable generation.
Attendance and active participation in the proposed training activities (lectures and laboratory activities) and individual study will allow the student to
- know in depth the main aspects of distributed generation;
- know the mechanisms of energy production from renewable sources;
- identify the main differences in the design of distribution networks and related protections, in particular as regards: degree of reliability required, maximum intervention speed, appropriate degree of selectivity
- apply the knowledge for the correct modeling of electrical systems in the presence of power converters;
- acquire a correct terminology for the aspects of integration between protection and control, of telecommunications also in the light of the diffusion of traditional and renewable distributed generation and of the evolution of electrical distribution and industrial systems, with particular attention to MicroGrids, to storage systems , and to the direct control of the load for the purposes of protection and energy efficiency.
Combination of traditional lectures (40 hours) and classroom discussion of specific projects (20 hours).
The course deals with various issues on the protection and management of electrical systems, in particular:
1) Power System Protection - the Electricity Training Association - ISBN: 0-85296-847-7 & 978-0-85296-847-5;
2) Nikos Hatziargyriou, “Microgrids: Architectures and Control” ISBN: 978-1-118-72068-4 (i testi sono disponibili presso II Polo del CSBA);
3) Classroom material
STEFANO MASSUCCO (President)
FEDERICO SILVESTRO (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral exam on different topics and written home work (1 hour).
A homework is forseen based on the planned exercises during the course (Matlab and/or Homer).
|18/01/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|01/02/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|15/02/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|07/06/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|21/06/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|05/07/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|19/07/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|31/08/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
|13/09/2023||11:00||GENOVA||Esame su appuntamento|
Further details: http://iees.diten.unige.it/?si_profile=federico-silvestro