|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-INF/01|
This subject is the meeting point between circuit theory applied to electronic components, microcontrollers and their high-level language programming tools. The design and simulation of circuits, the programming of microcontrollers especially oriented to signal management, interfacing for the construction of programmable electronic systems used in engineering, for example for IoT and mechatronic applications, are examined.
The aim is provide to students basic notions on electronic components (diodes, transistors and operational amplifiers), introduce microcontroller architecture, related software development tools and their engineering exploitation. The objectives are to develop analytical, design and development skills on electronic microcontroller systems and related hardware and software technologies.
Active participation in the proposed training activities and individual study will allow the student to:
• Know the operating characteristics of electronic components: diode, transistor, operational amplifier
• Know basic circuit design using electronic components and simulation
• Know the architecture of Microcontrollers and their application areas
• Evaluate and use software development tools for microcontrollers
• Understanding microcontroller-electronic circuit interfacing
• Program the main interfaces and functions of the microcontrollers (GPIO, Timer, PWM, ADC) through the development software.
About the first part on components and circuits, basic skills in circuit theory are required, for the second part on microcontrollers, basic knowledge of computer architecture and programming are required.
Lectures with computer aid, development of projects and laboratory exercises.
1) Electronic components: diode, transistor, operational amplifier
2) Electronic circuits and Spice simulations (Multisim)
3) General architecture of Microcontrollers
4) Main hardware components of microcontrollers
5) Software development tools for microcontrollers
6) Interfacing microcontrollers-electronic circuits
7) Programming of GPIOs
8) Programming of Timer and PWM
9) Programming of the ADCs
10) Microcontrollers and Matlab / Simulink programming
Any slides presented during the lessons, exercises, both simulations and software / firmware projects and other teaching material are available on aulaweb. Recorded lessons are available on the Course's Teams channel. Given the extensive use of circuit simulation software tools and microcontroller programming, the use of online help and technical documentation available on aulaweb and online is recommended. The books listed below can be used for any further information.
• F. Giannini, Analogue electronics: The fundamentals, Esculapio, 2013
• F. Zappa, Electronic Systems, Esculapio, 2010
• C.Noviello, Mastering STM32, Leapub 2016
Office hours: Reception: appointment, agreed by email or telephone
MARCO RAGGIO (President)
ALESSANDRO DE GLORIA
DANIELE CAVIGLIA (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Exam consists of an oral test, with the aid of a computer. Exam dates by appointment with the teacher.
During the oral exam the student, on the basis of an exercise, will have to show an understanding of the topics covered in the course, discuss possible design choices, with the aid of the computer analyze the results obtained.