|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||CHIM/06|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
To learn the fundamental concepts of organic chemistry, with particular regard to structure, nomenclature, synthesis and reactivity of some of the main classes of organic compounds (alkanes and cycloalkanes, alkenes and alkynes, aromatic compounds, halides, alcohols, phenols, carbonyl and carboxylic derivatives, amines). Structure of aminoacids, proteins, sugars, lipids and nucleic acids.
Traditional lessons in the classroom. For TECPALL, the attendance is compulsory. Only students who have attended at least 60% of the lessons will be admitted to the exam
1) Introductory concepts and alkanes (5 hours)
2) Classification of organic reactions. Alkenes, alkynes, arenes. Electrophilic addition to C=C double bonds. Aromaticity. Aromatic Heterocycles. Aromatic electrophilic substitution (5 hours)
3) Survey of oxygen-containing functional groups. Physico-chemical and acid properties of organic compounds. Stereochemistry (6 hours)
4) Amines. Basic properties of organic compounds. Aliphatic nucleophilic substitution (3 hours)
5) Carbonyl compounds, nucleophilic additions to them. Tautomeric equilibria (1.5 hours)
6) Carboxylic derivatives. Acyl nucleophilic substitution (3.5 hours)
7) Redox reactions (3 hours)
8) Natural substances: aminoacids, lipids, carbohydrates, nucleic acids (3 hours)
Second part (only MCRBC)
- Brown, Campbell, Farrell "Elementi di Chimica Organica", EdiSES
- B. Botta, "Chimica Organica Essenziale", EDI-ERMES
- J. McMurry "Fondamenti di Chimica Organica", Zanichelli
- Mauro Matteini & Arcangelo Moles, La Chimica nel Restauro - I materiali dell’arte pittorica, Nardini, 2a Edizione, 2007
Office hours: The teacher is always present in the Department between 8.00 and 13.00 and 15.00 and 18.30 (except in august). The students can come to speak with him in any moment, unless he is engaged in other isntitutional activities. However, it is highly advised to arrange an appointment by E-mail, in order to be sure to find him free.
FRANCESCO D'AGOSTINI (President)
GABRIELE CACCIAMANI (President)
LUCA BANFI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
Around october 20, 2022.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam will be oral and will regard exclusively the subjects treated during the lessons (the slides are available on aulaweb). Students must register 48 hours in advance on
The exam of this module will be carried out the very same day as that of the other module. If the student does not pass one of the modules, he/she must repeat both exams in another session.
The oral exam is always carried out by two teachers with at least 5 years of experience and will last at least 20 minutes per module. In this way the commission is definitely able to verify with high accuracy if the student has reached or not the learning outcomes.
During the oral exam the student must demonstrate to have reached the learning outcomes, both orally and (most importantly) writing formulas, chemical equations, mechanisms.
When the commission will judge that the learning oucomes have not been reached, the students willbe invited to repeat the exam in one of the subsequent dates.