|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ICAR/16|
|SECTIONING||This unit is divided into 2 sections:|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The aim of this course is to encourage future designers to look at projects through various lenses, effectively merging the world of architecture with the world of design.
This course aims to provide future designers with a deep understanding of the link between furniture design and habitability design, as well as the importance of customization in interior design.
Students will be required to develop a habitable piece of macro-furniture, with reference to the human body acting as a measuring tool and as a means to experience the world. This piece of furniture will be able to reconfigure spaces and interact with other pieces of furniture as well as with materials, colors, and lighting. Within this space, everything is in potential movement, and variation causes involvement and interaction.
By attending the lectures and group exercises, as well as completing the additional reading, students will:
- develop a deep understanding of interior design as a rapidly growing professional field, and its current developments and potential;
- develop a deep understanding of the key figures in the field of interior design and architecture;
- be able to read and interpret the most recent and influential projects on an international level;
- be able to understand and determine which companies operating in the field of design promote research and development;
- develop a deep awareness of the opportunities in the field of habitable spaces on a territorial scale;
- be able to experiment with various reuse and reactivation techniques, promoting the emergence of new forms of habitable spaces through processes and projects;
- be able to effectively apply the knowledge acquired during lectures, and use the tools necessary to design a space down to the smallest detail, taking into account the control of light, the role of color, the characteristics of different materials, as well as the ergonomics of shapes, sustainability, and well-being.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.