|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-INF/05|
The course aims at studying theory and practicalities of some formalisms for deductive AI, in particular knowledge representation and reasoning languages and tools and their application to discrete and mixed discrete/continuous planning/scheduling real problems.
The course aims at studying some deductive reasoning techniques, and their applications to cope with real-world problems.
- Study theory and practicalities of some formalisms for knowledge representation and reasoning
- Study how to model a problem using such formalisms
- Apply the competences and skills acquired on a concrete problem
Concepts from previous courses of
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data base
- Information and Computation
in the Bachelor in Ingegneria Informatica and the same Master studies are the starting point of this course.
The course is organized as follows:
- Lectures (approx. 50%)
- Exercises and presentations (approx. 25%)
- Project set-up (approx. 25%)
- Database languages (re)introduction
- Deductive Artificial Intelligence:
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Answer Set Programming (ASP)
- Extended Planning Domain Definition Language (PDDL+)
- Applications to:
ASP for (discrete) scheduling
PDDL+ for (mixed discrete-continous) planning
All slides and exercises presented during the lectures will be made available on AulaWeb.
Office hours: appointment by email.
MARCO MARATEA (President)
ALESSIO MERLO (President Substitute)
In the week 20-24 of September 2021
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam is made of a practical project.
Project realization and presentation will be evaluated.