|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||FIS/05|
The course is focused on understanding the physical processes responsible for the formation and evolution of cosmic structures.
The aim of the course is to give students a working knowledge of modern cosmology.
At the end of this course a student will be able to understand and perform analytical and numerical calculations that are routinely used in cosmology research. These include: calculations in cosmological perturbation theory to linear and non-linear order; compute power spectra for the CMB and galaxy distribution for different cosmological models.
The course is given by means of lectures that include:
- blackboard lessons
- Cosmological perturbation theory
- Statistical properties of cosmological perturbations
- Inflation and generation of perturbations
- CMB anisotropies
- Thermalization and CMB spectral distortions
- Non-linear growth of structures and dark matter distribution
- N-body simulations
- Bias and galaxy distribution
- Weak gravitational lensing
Modern Cosmology, Scott Dodelson, Fabian Schmidt, second edition
Office hours: Anytime. Please schedule an appointment by e-mail.
MARCO RAVERI (President)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.