|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Italian (English on demand)
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
This course aims to provide the basic knowledge of physics associated with materials, devices and sensors in order to understand the sensing mechanism and technology driving sensor design.
The student will be also trained to be sensitive to application and innovation aspects. Know-how will be provided in more specific domains such as tactile sensing and on emerging technologies such as flexible, stretchable and wearable electronics based on devices at nano and micro scales.
Lab sessions will allow the student to keep in touch with specific modeling tools and to learn the basic experimental characterization techniques in the sensor field.
Lectures held by the teacher.
Lab sessions are also planned to familiarize the student with the use of multiphysics modeling (software ANSYS).
- Materials for electronics and sensors.
- Microfabrication and characterization processes and technologies.
- Structures and devices for sensing applications.
- Case study: tactile sensing.
- Flexible and stretchable electronics based on devices at nano and micro scales.
- Applications: Wearable electronic systems.
Some laboratory sessions will be also proposed, which will be followed by individual projects by the student.
- PPT Presentations provided by teacher
- K. Krane, Modern Physics, Wiley & Sons (1996).
- J.H. Davies, The Physics of Low-dimensional semiconductors, Cambridge Press (2000)
Processes and microfabrication and characterization technologies
- B. Bhushan, Springer Handbook of Nanotechnology, New York: Springer, 2010.
Materials for electronics and sensors
- W. D. Callister, D.G. Rethwisch, Materials Science and Engineering, 2015.
Flexible and stretchable electronics based on devices at nano- and micro- scales
- T. Someya, Stretchable Electronics, 2011.
- Tutorials on flexible / stretchable electronics:
Applications: Wearable electronic systems
- Katsuyuki Sakuma, Flexible, wearable and stretchable Electronics (2020)
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
LUCIA SEMINARA (President)
ERMANNO DI ZITTI (President Substitute)
DANIELE GROSSO (President Substitute)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
Oral. Part of the exam will cover the individual project(s) chosen and developed by the student during the year.
During the oral exam, the evaluation of the candidate will be based on the ability to present the topics covered in the course and to discuss his/her individual project/s.
The student's ability to grasp critical aspects and cultural links be also taken into account.