|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-INF/01|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
Basic concepts on technologies for modern electronic embedded systems. Introduction to sensor devices and sensing methods. Embedded electronic sensing systems for Internet of Things (IoT) and for distributed monitoring. Basic concepts of radio transceivers. Distributed wireless sensing networks for environmental monitoring. Application examples.
Attendance and active participation in the proposed educational activities (lectures and laboratory activities) and individual study will enable the student to:
- understanding basic electrical variables e.g. current, voltage, power, energy
- understanding the behavior of a simple linear electric circuit
- understanding the behavior of a simple RC circuit
- understanding the classification of materials based on their electrical properties e.g. insulators, conductors and semiconductors
- learning how to analyze the behavior of an electric circuit
- understanding the behavior and application of the diode
- understanding the behavior of a MOS transistor as signal amplifier
- understanding the behavior of the CMOS inverter and of NOR and NAND gates circuits
- understanding the evaluation of time response and power/energy consumption of CMOS logic gate circuits
- understanding the behavior of an Operational Amplifier
Basic mathematic skills
The course is based on class lectures (about 40 hours) and includes a lab exercise on the programming and usage of an IoT node for environmental monitoring
-> For whom has attended the classes:
homework assigned along with the course (35%), a scientific paper discussion on topics related to the course or a project presentation (15%), and an oral exam on the topics of the course (50%)
-> Or, as an alternative, for any student:
an oral exam in which it is also required to solve some written exercises.
The oral test checks the knowledge of the students of the course content.
Three examinations are planned in the summer session and three during the winter session
OFFICE HOURS FOR STUDENTS
The course material is published on Aulaweb.
Sedra/Smith, Microelectronic Circuits, Oxford University Press Inc, ISBN 9780199339143
DANIELE CAVIGLIA (President)
ORAZIO AIELLO (President Substitute)
RAFFAELE BOLLA (President Substitute)
MAURIZIO VALLE (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.