|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SPS/07|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
Design and evaluate interventions requires to professionals of education and training peculiar modes of reasoning, mastery of technical languages and specific skills, ability to work with other figures. The course provides students with knowledge and skills for: needs analysis, design and evaluation of interventions in education field and social work and the opportunity to experience some techniques and tools under the supervision of the teacher.
The main learning outcomes are: provide students with models for the analysis of social contexts of intervention, knowledge and technical skills relevant to design and evaluate of interventions in the education, training and social work; present to the students and make them experience some techniques and tools used in the design and evaluation of interventions in these areas.
1. To learn the basic methodological skills necessary for the construction of a social research design, the choice of approaches and techniques, the construction of tools..
2. Possess methodological and technical knowledge and skills useful for the planning and evaluation of training and social interventions.
3. Experiment with typical techniques and tools for planning and evaluatiion of training and social interventions.
4. Deepen the fundamental concepts of evaluation and know their implications in terms of method and techniques.
5. Possess specific knowledge on social policies and their evolution in the Italian welfare state.
Lectures, presentation and critical discussion of case studies, working group under the supervision of the teacher.
The course includes the discussion of various topics:
- social needs and Welfare: general concepts; needs analysis, problems and their causes;
- training and social policies: general concepts and normative of reference.
- Models, techniques and tools for the design of interventions;
- Design and conduct of evaluation research.
and direct experimentation by students of analytical and planning techniques commonly used in the design and evaluation of interventions in education and social field.
Ferrera M. (ed), 2019, Le politiche sociali. Terza edizione, Il Mulino, Bologna.
Palumbo M. Il processo di valutazione. Decidere, programmare, valutare. FrancoAngeli, Milano (capitoli 2, 3, 4)
Materials made available on Aulaweb.
DAVIDE PARMIGIANI (President)
VALERIA SILVIA PANDOLFINI (President Substitute)
STEFANO POLI (President Substitute)
Through the written test, the teacher verifies the student's acquisition of the fundamental concepts dealt with during the course, the ability to relate them to each other, the mastery of notions and technical language.
For students with disabilities and specific learning disabilities: https://unige.it/disabilita-dsa