|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
To acquire the fundamental skills in identifying the assistance needs of the patient with physical, neurological and mental disability and to develop the relative healthcare plan. To understand the general concepts and the main methodologies to approach and manage the patients with neuropsychiatric disorders.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
- To describe the main etiological, pathophysiological and clinical elements of pediatric epilepsies, Intellectual Disability and Cerebral Palsies
- To present and outline the main symptoms and clinical problems in Autism Spectrum Disorders, Anxiety and Mood disorders and psychosis in developmental age
- To develop abilities in recognize the characteristic features of mental health problems in childhood / adolescence, with particular attention to Eating Disorders, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder and Behavioral Disruptive Disorders
- To state and explain the general principles of “taking care” in the neuropsychiatric field and the importance of integrated treatment and team work
At the end of the class, the student will be able to:
- Distinguish the main etiological, pathophysiological and clinical elements of pediatric epilepsies, Intellectual Disability and Cerebral Palsies
- Classify the main types of epileptic seizure and syndromes and the different clinicial types of cerebral palsies
- To recognize and outline the main symptoms and clinical problems in Autism Spectrum Disorders, Anxiety and Mood disorders and psychosis in developmental age
- To compare the different clinical features and treatment-related problems in autism spectrum disorders and intellectual disabilities
- To recognize the characteristical features of mental health problems in childhood / adolescence, with particular attention to Eating Disorders, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder and Behavioral Disruptive Disorders
- To apply and explain the general principles of “taking care” in the neuropsychiatric field and the importance of integrated treatment and team work
The class includes frontal lessons for a total of 10 hours and with the use of slides.
Students with Specific Learning Disorder, disability or other special educational needs certification are strongly encouraged to contact the teachers at the beginning of the course to agree on teaching methods which, respecting the teaching objectives, should take into account individual learning methods and provide suitable compensatory instruments.
- “Taking care” in Child Neuropsychiatry (and Integrated Treatment)
- Psychomotor and emotional-relational development in children and adolescents;
- Epilepsy and febrile convulsions: general concepts, childhood epilepsies, febrile convulsions, therapy, possible related psychological problems;
- Cerebral palsy: classification, treatment, etiopathogenesis; psychomotor skills;
- Mental retardation: definition, etiology, clinical symptomatology, management, different syndromes and psychological phenotypes
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder;
- Eating disorders, clinical picture, treatment, prevention;
- Mood, anxiety and somatoform disorders in developmental age: clinical characteristics and main syndromes;
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and other Developmental Disorders: definition, clinical picture, evaluation tools, treatment
Maurizio De Negri “Neuropsicopatologia dello sviluppo” Ed. Piccin, Padova, 2004;
Roberto Militerni “Neuropsichiatria Infantile”. Ed. Idelson-Gnocchi.
Manuale diagnostico e statistico dei disturbi mentali, quinta edizione
Neurologia di Fazio e Loeb (Ed. Universo).
M. De Negri “Neuropsichiatria dell'Età Evolutiva”. Ed. Piccin- Nuova Libreria 2004.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: by appointment with secretariat tel 010.56362432 or by e-mail contact. firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
LAURA FORNONI (President)
ROBERTA DA RIN DELLA MORA
ELISA DE GRANDIS
NATASCIA DI IORGI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
Knowledge and comprehension will be evaluated through the formulation of specific questions, concerning the discipline, through the use of medical terms;
autonomous judgement capability will be evaluated through the formulation of specific clinical scenarios;
communication skills will be evaluated through the oral examination and the correct use of specific clinical terms and finally the learning skills will be evaluated through the request of specific notions concerning the discipline.
Students with Specific Learning Disorder or other regularly certified special educational needs will be able to agree on written or oral modalities with the teacher, by contacting the teachers at least 10 days before the exam. They can also take advantage of 30% additional time.