|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
TRAINING OBJECTIVES (DETAIL)
-Learn the neurobiological maturation processes underlying the development of language-learn the development of language in different components with particular attention to the pragmatic-contextual component.
-Learn the basics of understanding and producing language, the relationship between oral language development and learning reading and writing;
-To learn evaluation tools and operating profiles of different functions and specific modules for each single neuropsychological function.
-Learn the principles of the evaluation of different language components;
-To know the functional evaluation of communication disorders and oral and written language, in the evolutionary age;
OBJECTIVES (DETAIL) AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The purpose of the course is to introduce the student to the knowledge:
-The different functions and modules specific for each neuropsychological function.
-The development, organization and pathology of linguistic functions and their relationship to cognitive functions (perception, memory, attention) and learning of written language;
- The assessment of the deficit in different neurodevelopmental disorder, with particular attention to “Developmental Language Disorders” -> DLD, specific learning difficulty -> SpLD (Dyslexia, Dysorthographia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia) and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD); thus choosing instruments based on Pathology, age and culture of the subject.
We will discuss the applications of some tools and underline the positive effects in terms of delineation of the neuropsychological profiles between nosographic diagnosis and functional/neuropsychological evaluation.
The lessons are carried out in the front with interactive and participatory modality by the students so that the experiences made in the theory can be correlated. You use for this purpose the personal narration, the comparison in the class.
The program is summarized by slides and complemented by relevant videos.
Neuropsichology of the development age
- Language development in different components with a focus on the pragmatic-contextual component.
- The evaluation of communication and language
- the Developmental Language Disorders: DSM 5 and ICD-10classification; clinical and neuropsychological language classification Classification (e.g. Allen and Rapin).
- Selectivity and Intensity Dimensions
- Executive Functions
Neuropsychology of Memory - Memory development - Memory models
Introduction to Specific Learning Disorders
- Dyslexia/ Dys spelling/ Dysgraphia/ Discalculia
- Nosographic Classification (DSM 5; ICD-10)
- Evaluation (clinical and functional diagnosis)
Neuropsychology and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- neuropsychological theories: theory of mind, theory of weak central coherence, theory of deficit executive functions.
- neuropsychology of emotions.
- Sensory perception: tools for evaluating/creating sensory-perceptual profiles.
- Cognitive, neuropsychological and behavioural evaluation
The examination will mainly focus on handouts, documents and articles provided by the teacher.
- Vicari S., Valeri G., Fava L., “L’autismo. Dalla diagnosi al trattamento, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2012.
- Cornoldi C. “Difficoltà e disturbi dell’apprendimento”, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2007.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: By appointment TEACHER'S CONTACTS by mail to: email@example.com
EUGENIA DUFOUR (President)
FRANCESCA MARIA BATTAGLIA
ELISA DE GRANDIS
SONIA DI PROFIO
EDVIGE MARIA VENESELLI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
You can refer to the hour voice of lessons
The preferred modality will be oral exam also to allow the sharing of the study modalities used by the student and to clarify any doubts emerged during the same
Initially, a student's favorite topic is asked to move later to two other topics at the discretion of the teacher.
Further questions can be made if the student does not respond correctly and/or appears uncertain about the first.
Ability to navigate the programme carried out, evaluation of practical reasoning and the ability of central coherence starting from data/examples of cases/clinical situations proposed by the teacher.
The examination may not be supported unless the relative propedeucity is respected.
As these are integrated course exams, not passing a single discipline involves the repetition of the entire exam.