|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||M-PSI/08|
|MODULES||Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:|
The disabled patient is exposed to emotional vulnerability and this aspect is clear for all healthcare professionals involved in the rehabilitation process. For this reason, healthcare professionals need to know the most important psychological theories and use them to face the criticalities of the healthcare environment. The most important objective of the course is to Implement the knowledge about all strategies that can support the health care relationship.
AIMS AND CONTENT
The main objective is to promote theoretical -applicative skills in the psychology of healthy and pathological cognitive processes, in the various contexts in which healthcare professionals work and collaborate with a psychologist (e.g.: public and private care facilities, in hospital-services and in educational institutions). The course will provide students with the necessary knowledge about the most important psychological theories. Particular emphasis will be given to understand the importance of implementing evidence-based treatments.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Describe through the main models of psychology with which interpretations it is possible to face the critical situations that may arise in the rehabilitative activity;
- Propose, through the group discussion of experimented problems, a way to compare and search for solutions.
Lectures (16 hours).
Lectures are performed in all the teaching location by teacher and are explained with slides. The Students/Teachers percentage report allows a direct comparison and a use of collaborative methodology, discussion about rehabilitation and working groups.
1. The major theories and models of psychology: evolution of theoretical and methodological models, skills and fields of intervention
2. Organization and development of the personality
3. Emotions, emotional regulation and health
4. Health behaviors: the most important models and theories
5. Assertiveness and resilience
6. Theoretical models and specificity of therapeutic-rehabilitation interventions
7. Clinical psychology and health care: quality of care and communication with the patient
8. Mourning processing: the difficulties of helping professions
The slides used during lectures and other educational materials (such as in-depth tutorial, E-book) will be provided by teachers; they may also indicate books, articles and scientific journals.
The notes taken during the lectures and material provided by teachers are sufficient for the exam.
Text: M. Fioravanti (2010) Psicologia Clinica per i professionisti della sanità. McGraw-Hill Education.
- O. Matarazzo, VL. Zammuner (2009) “La regolazione delle emozioni”, Il Mulino
- N. Rossi (2004) “Psicologia Clinica per le professioni sanitarie”, Il Mulino.
- S. Soresi (1994) “Psicologia della disabilità e dell’inclusione”, Il Mulino.
- P. E. Ricci Bitti, P. Gremigni (2013) “Psicologia della salute. Modelli teorici e contesti applicativi”, Carocci.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
MARCO TESTA (President)
LAURA BONZANO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
Lessons: from march to july
Oral interview / Quizzes / Project work mainly directed to ensure a proper understanding of the theory discussed in the course.
Available 2 examination date in winter (January and February) and 5 in summer (June, July and September).
The assessment method is explained during the lessons.
The exam will focus mainly on the topics discussed in the front lessons and in any case on all those specified in the program, and will be used to evaluate not only if the student has reached an adequate level of knowledge but if he acquired the ability to critically analyze psychology.
OFFICE HOURS FOR STUDENTS
Office hours for students on e-mail appointment: