|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/42|
|MODULES||Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:|
Science that aims to analyze the illnesses in the populations, with particular respect to the study of the conditions and their determinants.
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course has the following objectives:
- providing knowledges to the basic epidemiology concepts;
- providing knowledges to apply the main measures used in epidemiology (frequency and association measures);
- providing knowledges to the basic concepts of demography and to know the technical of standardization;
- providing knowledges to know and to plan the main types of epidemiological studies (descriptive, cross-sectional, case-control, cohort studies);
- providing knowledges to the methodology of clinical trials;
-providing knowledges to the concepts and model of epidemiology monitoring with attention to the syndromic surveillance system;
- providing knowledges to understand the epidemiology relevance for health planning and to develop the critical abilities to evaluate the results of clinical and epidemiological studies.
- Epidemiology: definition and objectives;
- Measuring the health care events: absolute frequencies, relationships, proportions and rates, incidence, prevalence, mortality, lethality;
- Measuring the health care events in a static and dynamic cohort;
- The evaluation of the risks, the needs and the effectiveness in Public Health;
- Epidemiological surveillance and management of an outbreak;
- Describing the state of health of the population: the descriptive epidemiological studies;
- Providing knowledges about the associations in epidemiology: the cohort and case-control studies;
- The experimental epidemiological studies: the randomised controlled trial and community trial.
- Lopalco PL, Tozzi AE "Epidemiologia facile Il pensiero scientifico"
- Jekel JF, Katz DL, Elmore JG "Epidemiologia, biostatistica e medicina preventiva" EdiSES
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
MAURO COSTAGLI (President)
SEBASTIANO LA MAESTRA
ALESSIO SIGNORI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
The lessons will start in the first semester
The examination test is formed by multiple-choice questions and exercises.