|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||L-LIN/12|
The B2 language proficiency serves to consolidate the student's knowledge of the English language and to be more competitive in entering the job market.
AIMS AND CONTENT
The course aims to consolidate students' communicative competence in English at the B2 level of the European Framework, providing them with the skills required for future employment and/or academic study.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course aims to consolidate the basis of B2 competence and move the student closer to the advanced communicative skills needed to study the topics in the post-graduate syllabus.
- Improve productive skills using existing receptive skills as input
- Raise awareness of function, structure and organisation in Economics texts for writing
- Prepare the skills needed to obtain a recognised ESOL certificate at C1 level e.g., IELTS Band 7.5
Knowledge of the English language at level B1.
Face-to-face lessons with focus on active student participation in pair or group work.
Attendance, although not compulsory, is recommended.
All material will be available on the dedicated Aulaweb course
All material and recommended extra reading will be available on the aulaweb.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
JUSTIN RAINEY (President)
2nd semester 2023/23
The timetable will be available on EasyAcademy.
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The final exam will be based on reading and listening comprehension exercises and writing tasks along the lines of those used by BEC and IELTS. Examples will be available on the Aulaweb.
You can obtain eligibility, mandatory for the first year within your study plan, by passing a test, in preparation for which you can choose to attend the course L-LIN/12 English Language B2 proposed by the course itself. You will obtain an eligibility judgment.
The eligibility will be recognized automatically if you have:
- a first-level language degree (with English as the primary language of study or with at least two ssd L-LIN tests per floor)
- a certificate of linguistic competence provided by recognized international certifying authorities (Cambridge, Oxford, TOEFL, IELTS) at level B2 or above,
- or a B2 level already attained during your previous three-year degree program.
If you meet one of the three requirements above, you can send the required evidence to the course's instructor and request instant eligibility verification. Since certificates can only be used once during a student's career, recognition is only possible if the certificate given for the exemption hasn't been used for other things (like to earn "other" credits).
|18/12/2023||09:30||GENOVA||Scritto||Appello riservato a chi ha seguito il corso negli anni scorsi|
|06/05/2024||09:30||GENOVA||Scritto||Appello riservato ai laureandi della sessione estiva|