|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
Basic knowledge in technological characteristics of reinforced concrete buildings. Analysis of the pathologies and degradation of constructive elements.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
This course is intended to provide students with the basic knowledge to understand the main technical characteristics of a building with a reinforced concrete structure. In this regard, all those aspects related to the design, execution and correct maintenance of the constructive elements will be examined in depth.
At the end of the course, students will be able to
- recognise those historical evolutionary factors that have favoured the diffusion of reinforced concrete as the primary construction material;
- understand the chemical-physical properties of building materials in order to use them in design consciously;
- being able to discretise the entire building into its construction elements, being able to analyse its structure, function and state of preservation;
- be capable of recognising and assessing the leading causes of degradation of building elements in the reinforced concrete building;
- be able to develop their imagination, creativity, critical reflection and strategic thinking related to the topics studied;
- be able to communicate their critical thinking on the topics studied orally, using multimedia and technical language.
The course mainly involves frontal lectures. However, the course also includes further supplementary activities such as seminars by external guests, visits to building and civil engineering sites, and on-site tours of companies producing building materials and components subject to study.
During the course, students will be required to analyse a particular element of reinforced concrete construction by researching the construction methods currently used in their geographical areas of origin. At the end of the analysis, the students have to present their results in the classroom, followed by a discussion with the professor and the other students.
Working students and students with a certified DSA, disability or other special educational needs are advised to contact the lecturer at the beginning of the course to agree on teaching and examination methods that, while respecting the teaching objectives, take into account individual learning methods.
In order to achieve a complete understanding of the building typology and its role in the contemporary building heritage, the following macro-themes will be covered
- the historical evolution of construction techniques in the realisation of reinforced concrete buildings;
- the main physical and chemical properties of the materials used in buildings with a reinforced concrete structure;
- the conformation of construction elements (floors, roofing, external infills, doors and windows, etc.);
- the analysis and evaluation of the main deterioration phenomena inherent to structural and completion elements.
The main reference is the course slides which ensure an adequate and useful level of preparation.
During the course, specific books will be provided for an in-depth study of the main topics.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: The professor receives students by appointment, to be arranged by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARTA CASANOVA (President)
SALVATORE POLVERINO (President)
RENATA MORBIDUCCI (President Substitute)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The examination consists of a written test and an oral discussion.
The written test consists of a series of questions on the topics covered during the course, with open-ended and multiple-choice questions.
The oral discussion may be optional and consists of discussing the written test by analysing the errors made by the student and addressing other topics from the course aimed at assessing the adequate preparation of the learner.
The test will be mainly written, and there will be an optional oral test.
In both tests, the following aspects will be assessed
- the use of correct technical language;
- the critical ability to synthesise the topics studied;
- the ability to analyse the construction elements of reinforced concrete buildings and their main characteristics;
- the capacity to recognise the main categories of degradation of reinforced concrete building components.