|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
Plastic Reconstructive Surgery is, in Dentistry, of paramount importance in dealing with problems related to substance loss, congenital malformations, or aesthetic defects. It is aimed at achieving the rebalancing of the functionality and health of the oral cavity, as well as of the harmony of the smile.
AIMS AND CONTENT
Acquire the methodological basis of the study topic and know the specific applications in Dentistry
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course aims to provide the etiopathogenetic, diagnostic and therapeutic bases related to: loss of substance of the oral cavity and the perioral district with particular reference to the lips; congenital malformations involving the oral cavity and adjacent tissues (cleft lip and palate); imperfections involving the lower third of the face.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- recognize several clinical conditions (acquired and congenital) of the cervico-facial district providing for tissue repair techniques;
- illustrate the main reconstructive methods used in plastic and reconstructive surgery: suture techniques, grafts and flaps; regenerative surgery; the main techniques of aesthetic medicine applied to the lower third of the face.
- perform a bibliographic search concerning the topics dealed with: identify the most suitable publications related to a given issue, examine the contents and summarize them, discuss the various therapeutic solutions with classmates.
Teaching takes place in 10 hours with lectures, exercises and discussion of scientific articles that involve a strong interaction between teacher and students.
• Basic Surgical Techniques 1 (sutures, grafts)
• Basic Surgical Techniques 2 (Flaps)
• Congenital malformations
• Regenerative surgery
• Aesthetic medicine of the perioral region
Audiovisual material and articles of scientific literature
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
FRANCESCO MORA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
small dissertation with oral presentation
or written multiple choice quiz
The realization of a short dissertation will verify the ability to face a specific problem of particular interest using multiple research sources (internet, scientific literature, material described in class). The oral presentation will assess the correct use of the terminology as well as the critical reasoning ability related to the questions and clarifications required during the exposition both by the teacher and by the other students present.
Alternatively, based on the needs of the case, a multiple choice quiz regarding the topics covered in the lesson will be used. The evaluation will be performed on 31 questions: 1 point for each correct answer.