|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
The student must demonstrate an adequate systematic knowledge of the diseases of the gastrointestinal system from a nosographic, etiopathogenetic, pathophysiological and clinical point of view and will have to recognize, from alterations of the oral mucosa and of the dental system, those signs and symptoms that refer to a related pathology digestive system.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
Once the knowledge of the core curriculum has been acquired, the student will be able to:
• knowing how to evaluate the influence of the main environmental factors on the functionality of the constituent organs of the digestive system;
• recognize the clinical relevance of a patient with functional disorder with respect to digestive pathology on an organic basis by formulating a correct differential diagnosis;
• develop a correct diagnostic and therapeutic pathway in gastroesophageal reflux disease and peptic pathology;
• recognize the possible causes of esophageal dysmotility, a correct diagnostic and therapeutic path for the patient affected by this alteration;
• be aware of the biohumoral and clinical changes suggestive of the presence of acute and chronic liver disease, knowing how to formulate a diagnostic path that identifies both the severity and the etiology in order to arrive at an adequate nosological framework;
• be able to identify the presence of malnutrition, formulating a differential diagnosis including the interpretation of the presence of malabsorption and maldigestion;
• be able to recognize the various causes of possible bleeding from the digestive tract, formulating a differential diagnosis and an initial clinical evaluation aimed at identifying and managing the clinical source of the rexi.
• know the main acute and chronic inflammatory intestinal pathologies, providing a correct diagnostic procedure aimed at detecting them, as well as having knowledge of the therapeutic cornerstones and the adverse effects of the therapies themselves;
• recommend the correct screening and surveillance procedure for colorectal cancer and hepatocellular cancer.
Ten frontal plenary lectures.
Knowing the demographic aspects of the main pathologies of the digestive system in Italy and the EU, from the adolescent patient to the elderly patient, underlining the implications in the social and health field.
Knowing how to perform, with reference to international guidelines, the specific methods of clinical approach in the detection of the anamnesis and physical examination in the gastroenterological patient.
Describe for the peculiar aspects and address from the diagnostic, prognostic,therapeutic and surveillance point of view the morbid conditions that occur with greater frequency in the context of gastrointestinal disorders, both functional and organic, as well as the main pathologies of the liver and biliary tract, and pancreas.
Understanding the impact of gastroenterological diseases on life expectancy and on the quality of life perceived by the patient.
Describe and illustrate the lifestyles and the practical approach for the correct maintenance of digestive system health; how to implement a preventive strategy and how to critically evaluate the approach to new therapeutic modalities in gastroenterology such as immunosuppressive therapies, endoscopic alternatives to surgical treatments.
Learn about the problems associated with alcohol abuse and the use of drugs that are harmful to the digestive system.
Understanding the interaction between mental disorders and the state of health of the digestive system.
Describe and illustrate the multiple clinical manifestations of evolved chronic liver disease, identifying the main etiopathogenetic factors and knowing how to provide adequate work-up.
Communicate correctly with the patient suffering from complex pathology such as psychosomatic disorder, chronic inflammatory bowel disease, evolved liver disease and oncological disease.
Manuale di Gastroenterologia (Edizione 2022-2025) Editrice Gastroenterologica Italiana.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
GIUSEPPE MURDACA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
Lessons are held in the second semester.
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The exam is written (multiple choice questions).